Spending next week in Baton Rouge

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Jake_G
Team HB

#1: Post by Jake_G »

I just found out I get to spend next week at the Hilton on the river in Baton Rouge next week. I did a quick search of the site and only found references to Prayer House Coffee in Washington. I thought about asking Johnny if he has any recommendations, but I figure if he wants to chime in, he can. Otherwise, I'll let him roast in peace ;)

While a Google search will certainly point me towards some liquified caffeine, I was hoping maybe a few of y'all might be able to point me to a place actually worth going to. I found another request for such a place went unanswered in 2011. I'm hopeful something has sprung up since then. I'll be commuting to Port Hudson in the mornings and back again, so any gems in the area would be worth knowing about.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

johnny4lsu

#2: Post by johnny4lsu »

You're not in much luck unfortunately. Baton Rouge specialty coffee scene is horrible. Magpies serves Intelligentsia, and it's prepared extremely poorly.

Cafeciteaux doesn't have a storefront from what I gather, and I haven't tried them yet.

Your best options would be driving to Lafayette or New Orleans. New Orleans has a bunch of great options.

Shoot me an email or pm johnny@prayerhousecoffee.com

:D

Boldjava

#3: Post by Boldjava »

I am chuckling as I asked Johnny the same general reference question off line 2 days ago. He is an LSU Tiger grad in Baton Rouge so I knew he knew the turf.
-----
LMWDP #339

Jake_G (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by Jake_G (original poster) »

Thanks guys,

It has been a sad week of no coffee... Luckilly, my days were so filled with excitement that I really didn't have time to go anywhere even if I had some close by options. Tomorrow I head home to the glory of fresh roasted and nearly-competently prepared coffee.

I can't wait.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704