Flojet bottle sizes

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jeffg2020

#1: Post by jeffg2020 »

The Flojet seems to close naturally on the necks of 3- and 5-gal bottles. Can you use one on a smaller bottle or does the seal have to be tight?

bettysnephew

#2: Post by bettysnephew »

I was considering using it on a 1 gallon jug to reduce the amount of water stored as I really do not use a lot per day. The filter and switch did not fit in the neck. I ended up going with a 3 gallon PET carboy as it also would not fit in the glass ones available locally. I don't believe it needs to be sealed for any purpose other than keeping bugs or detritus out of the jug. Due to the length of the intake assembly mine will not fit comfortably inside the cabinet I originally planned on placing it within. Not pretty but more functional.
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

bettysnephew wrote:I ended up going with a 3 gallon PET carboy... I don't believe it needs to be sealed for any purpose other than keeping bugs or detritus out of the jug.
I came to the same conclusion and use a 3 gallon bottle. When I descale an espresso machine that needs line pressure to fill the steam boiler, a Flojet is handy because it can draw descaler directly from a bucket; it's not elegant, but it works.
Dan Kehn

jeffg2020 (original poster)

#4: Post by jeffg2020 (original poster) replying to HB »

This is useful. Thx gentlemen.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv »

Very good information.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train