What is wow'ing you? - Page 73

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
wsurfn

#721: Post by wsurfn »

I finally ordered Heart's Stereo Blend. I have been growing tired of experimenting with many blends and not being able to get stuff dialed in very well. Good, but not great. So far, Olympia's Big Truck was impressive, but a bit too chocolatey for daily use. I had not tried Heart before because I thought I read on here that they roast very light. I want easy. I also have never seen a bad review either. So I went for it.

Wow. I feel like an idiot I had not tried it before now. It is so good. Really good. So good and I am not wasting a bean. 1:2 perfection from the very first pull. So balanced and beautiful.

I saw they announced recently on FB that the blend was about to change. I'm not sure if it is the newer recipe, but wow.

spearfish25

#722: Post by spearfish25 »

Perhaps it's not exotic but Blue Bottle 17ft Ceiling pulled as a 1:1 18g ristetto has been a long time favorite for a rich chocolaty flat white.

Chert

#723: Post by Chert »

wsurfn wrote:I finally ordered Heart's Stereo Blend. I have been growing tired of experimenting with many blends and not being able to get stuff dialed in very well. Good, but not great. So far, Olympia's Big Truck was impressive, but a bit too chocolatey for daily use. I had not tried Heart before because I thought I read on here that they roast very light. I want easy. I also have never seen a bad review either. So I went for it.

Wow. I feel like an idiot I had not tried it before now. It is so good. Really good. So good and I am not wasting a bean. 1:2 perfection from the very first pull. So balanced and beautiful.

I saw they announced recently on FB that the blend was about to change. I'm not sure if it is the newer recipe, but wow.
It changes often. But I generally find it balanced and tasty. I leave the cafe go home, drink, think 'WOW!', then look on line and the blend is not the same as I bought in person.

cheers!
LMWDP #198

Boldjava

#724: Post by Boldjava »

Not the coffees, but the prices. COE auction for pulp natural Brazil. $130/lb. Ludicrous.

https://www.allianceforcoffeeexcellence ... n-results/
-----
LMWDP #339

cmin

#725: Post by cmin replying to Boldjava »

For a Brazil... wtf lol

Boldjava

#726: Post by Boldjava »

Japanese shops. Total of 6 bags, split 3 ways. Bragging rights for the marquee. Shop had barista in world competition.
-----
LMWDP #339

BaristaBob

#727: Post by BaristaBob »

I just received my first Pacamara...Los Congos Pacamara from Dragonfly. I pulled a couple of shots and it tastes pretty good but always wonder if it could be better. Any suggestions? I'm at 18g in pf, 36g in cup at 30 seconds. 200F with 7 seconds pre infusion. It seems to be blonding early.
This coffee was rated 21st by Coffee Review for 2016 and is currently on sale!! :)
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

riley
Supporter ♡

#728: Post by riley »

rangerrick9211 wrote:I've been die-hard Red Bird for five years. Decided to stretch the legs of my new M58 and bought 5# of Mt. Air Roaster's Black Mountain.

At 1:1.5, 201°, 33-35s it rings like a champ when it hits: molasses, chocolate, nutmeg. It's a relevant cup for this time of year!

The downside. I can't keep this bean dialed. The way it pulls reminds me of Hairbender on the few occasions I've bought it. It's just finicky. Back-to-back, same parameters and same environment can swing between perfect and a channeling mess. You really have to crank the fineness so the MOE is stupid small.
I have been buying Red Bird Espresso for more than 5 years now but I noticed a change in the taste starting a few months ago. I just did a search on Red Bird and saw that the ownership changed which must account for the change in product.

Glad to hear your experience, I will try some too.

Chris65

#729: Post by Chris65 »

New to the forum but I recently gave Caffè Lusso gran miscela carmo a try based on some advice here and it has been great. Really enjoying it in my latte and will be giving their lionshare a try as straight shots when I get my next order.

Also their customer service has been fantastic. My package was overlooked and didn't ship for about a week and when I contacted them they apologized and offered me a free bag! Definitely one of my new favorite roasters.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#730: Post by RockyIII »

Chris65 wrote:Also their customer service has been fantastic. My package was overlooked and didn't ship for about a week and when I contacted them they apologized and offered me a free bag! Definitely one of my new favorite roasters.
Not only do I love their coffee, but I have found Caffè Lusso to be very reliable and customer friendly. Mistakes will happen, and how a company handles them definitely makes a huge difference in customer relations and satisfaction.

Rocky