Will gaskets of slightly different dimensions fit?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
sortafilter

#1: Post by sortafilter »

Hey, I've read for a while but its my first time posting here. I've been looking for gaskets for my Saeco SE100 and have had a hard time finding them in Canada. All the options I've found will either take 3 weeks to ship or will cost more to ship than the price of the gasket itself.

There's a website selling cafelat silicone gaskets that are almost the same dimensions as I need. The machine requires a 72x56x8.5mm gasket and the cafelat E61 gaskets are 73x57x8.5mm.

Would this work for my machine? How hard will it be to fit the larger outer diameter? Will the slightly larger inner diameter cause any problems?

Thanks in advance!

slipchuck

#2: Post by slipchuck »

Can't say for sure but the part of the gasket that is important is the thickness. It might fit a little loose depending on where you are using it.
I say give it a shot :)

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

sortafilter (original poster)

#3: Post by sortafilter (original poster) replying to slipchuck »

Thanks for the reply!

I've ordered the gasket, it should arrive tomorrow or monday so I'll try it out then. The thickness is the same as Saeco specifies so hopefully it will work out.

sortafilter (original poster)

#4: Post by sortafilter (original poster) »

The gasket finally arrived today. It took a while to get the old one out, it was so dry that it was rock hard.

The new one fit perfectly with no at all trouble once it was seated.