Espresso machine for straight shots only - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
apple2k

#11: Post by apple2k »

I agree on the Alexia, I have a PID one and use it for this purpose, is totally tunable, rock solid and simple. Will last a long time.

The e61 heads is a lot more stable than what you'll get in a Silviya.

Headala

#12: Post by Headala »

apple2k wrote: The e61 heads is a lot more stable than what you'll get in a Silviya.
You sound like someone who has never used the meCoffee PID in the Silvia. I made my recommendation on having a lot of experience with both, and for 1~8 shots in a row I would take the Silvia/meCoffee and put that money towards a great grinder.

The e61 group head does offer great temp stability, but the shot temps start to drop by even the 4th or 5th shot. The meCoffee monitors the Silvia's brew switch and kicks on the heater as soon as you start the shot, so the temp is maintained for the next one. If I never had to steam milk for my wife's lattes, I would switch back to a Silvia from my e61 in a heartbeat, and put that money toward a Monolith.

Avaloche (original poster)

#13: Post by Avaloche (original poster) »

Headala,I completely understand what you mean.Can you also recommend a retailer?

Headala

#14: Post by Headala replying to Avaloche »

The Siliva is still sold by many in the EU. The meCoffee is found at meCoffee.nl. Note that it take some electronic know-how to install. A good used Silvia could work as well. I would not recommend the Silvia if you don't put in the meCoffee PID. In that case I would go for an e61 machine. If you did it would not be the end of the world. Most of them are great machines.

I would imagine a great grinder like a Robur or Mythos or K30 would be carried by most retailers in the EU. The Monolith grinders are built to order in the US and can be pre-ordered here. Note that they open the pre-order sale until capacity is filled, and then close pre-orders until those have been produced.

There are probably other high-end grinders that are more prevalent in the EU market; maybe others can chime in on that front.

Nick Name

#15: Post by Nick Name »

There is also at least one single boiler E61-machine with a PID installed if you don't want to work with the electronics and destroy your warranty.
Bezzera Unica goes for less than 1000€: https://www.elektros.it/it/en/bezzera-unica-pid.html

#16: Post by Avaloche (original poster) replying to Nick Name »

I've already checked it out of course,but in my book the Alexia ranks better.
Headala,I will take your advice on superior grinder,but there is just no way I'm getting a Silvia.
I will simply up my budget and that's it.

Headala

#17: Post by Headala replying to Avaloche »

LOL ok let us know how it all goes!

Newbie-BRU

#18: Post by Newbie-BRU »

Hi, in Europe I have ckecked BellaBarista (UK), but warranty appears to be 1 year only outside UK.

There are several websites in Germany, where the coffee market is strong. You have a couple of Dutch sites, Maxicoffee in France, and the Italians you already know.

My suggestion. Pick one based on proximity, reputation and service. Then write to them or call them for a final price. You will get a much better offer for a bunddle than the prices you see online.

Luck!

#19: Post by Avaloche (original poster) »

Newbie-BRU wrote:Hi, in Europe I have ckecked BellaBarista (UK), but warranty appears to be 1 year only outside UK.

There are several websites in Germany, where the coffee market is strong. You have a couple of Dutch sites, Maxicoffee in France, and the Italians you already know.

My suggestion. Pick one based on proximity, reputation and service. Then write to them or call them for a final price. You will get a much better offer for a bunddle than the prices you see online.
Luck!
Bellabasista are way too pricy,and after doing my homework - I decided to skips all the british retailers.
The germans seem reliable,but I see elektros and Gianni as the best option,after all I'm ordering an italian machine and it's better to go directly to the source,right?

Nick Name

#20: Post by Nick Name »

Avaloche wrote: The germans seem reliable,but I see elektros and Gianni as the best option,after all I'm ordering an italian machine and it's better to go directly to the source,right?
Italian web stores aren't always the best choice (there are good ones and bad ones naturally, like everywhere else), but I know a lot of people who have ordered their machines/grinders from Gianni and none of them have ever had any complaints. That is the only reason (along with the good pricing) I keep and keep referring to Elektros.