Monolith November 2017 Preorders Open - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Zawaya_T

#31: Post by Zawaya_T »

Bret wrote:TiN burrs are standard on the flat, I believe. Use the contact link on the home page (https://www.kafatek.com) to email Denis directly, and he can answer your questions -- he is very helpful.

You can order the would top separately any time, but you can likely get it added to the current order, or at least get a separate order delivered at the same time.

I added Tin Burrs and a custom wood top a week or 2 (maybe more. cant really remember)

Im sure Denis will allow you as long as it isnt something that would delay production. The sooner the better.

jerbear00

#32: Post by jerbear00 »

Thanks for the advice guys. I was also hoping to upgrade my burrs. I was in a rush to get my order in the night of and was wishing I upgraded. I emailed Denis and was able to quickly add on.

akirapuff

#33: Post by akirapuff »

Dang it ! wanted to try a conical

Fausto

#34: Post by Fausto »

Very curious what the deal is with the tungsten burrs. Please share if you've heard anything from Denis!

cerone

#35: Post by cerone replying to Fausto »

What are you curious about? Whether or not they can be purchased separately? I'd just email him and ask...hello@kafatek.com

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#36: Post by mivanitsky »

They are expensive, heavy, and instead of lasting 20x longer than necessary, they will last 100x longer than necessary. Difference in the cup? I would like to know too.

cerone

#37: Post by cerone »

I'm getting very excited for my Monolith to arrive next month. I think I was one of the first ones to order so does that mean mine may ship sooner rather than later?

I've been saving up a few extra pounds of beans (bad home roasts / gifts / beans I didn't like) to help with the burr break in process. I should have 7-10 pounds saved by then.

Other than that, I'm curious what else I should/ could do to make sure I'm ready for it's arrival?

*sigh*

#38: Post by *sigh* replying to cerone »

Yeah, Denis goes by order number as they were placed. For the last batch he had a tracking page where you could see where yours was in line and what stage of assembly/shipping it was in.

What else do you need? Lots of good coffee and a high caffeine tolerance. :) Honestly, there's not much else to worry about. Denis includes all the accessories you could want/need, and even throws in some coffee. The grinders are extremely simple so you can dive into brewing right away.

dgia

#39: Post by dgia »

Congratulations to those of you who got in. I had an alert set on my phone for email from Kafatek, but I took a nap and woke up to no stock. :)

I had ordered an EG-1 a couple of days prior and am glad that I did. They're out of stock now too!

I have every intention of ordering both Monoliths if I find myself fortunate enough to get in on time.

wai2cool4u

#40: Post by wai2cool4u »

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Eureka Olympus 75E. It seems like this grinder is sometimes outfitted with the 75mm Mythos TiN burrs. I know they are very different grinders (OnDemand vs Single Dosing), but would the grind quality be very similar between the the Monolith Flat and the 75E since the 75E can be found for less than half the price.

Bellabarista sells the 75E with Mythos Burrs (220v model)
https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/EURE ... REVIEW.pdf

SCG sells a 110v model with titanium burrs. not sure if these are the same mythos burrs.
https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/eurek ... so-grinder