Tamper Recommendation

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
corviner

#1: Post by corviner »

Consider the tamper. Shouldn't it be a showpiece worthy of its prominent standing at the base of an elegant espresso machine?

With an honorable mention of Les at Thor Tampers, http://www.thortamper.com/home, let me suggest that I could post pictures of my beloved espresso machine and grinder and receive little admiration because most people around this forum already have the same machines or better in their own collection. But a uniquely artistic tamper is something that I can hold up and say, 'I bet you wish you had one like this.'

My only connection to Les is a recent purchase after finding his site while browsing for a tamper that didn't look like everyone else's. With an exchange of email, he offered a variety of wood stock that he could turn to the size of my basket. I chose the exotic wood from a Desert Ironwood tree because of its dramatic coloration and grain patterns, and Les crafted a tamper that cleverly conceals an internal weight that lends to an ideal tamp.

My apologies if this post looks too much like an advertisement. But I expect that someone who reads this forum might appreciate the craftsmanship and artistry evident in the picture.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII »

Anthony,

That's a great looking tamper and an interesting design.

Rocky

HH

#3: Post by HH »

Love it! What's the bottom made of?