Slayer single group risk of leaking - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jerbear00

#11: Post by jerbear00 »

uid0 wrote:Any word on their plans to correct this? Not great news to hear when you just had a brand new Slayer delivered :(
May want to consider contacting Slayer, making the suggested modification and/or take to a technician to have performed. That is if you are looking for improved piece of mind.

Thanks Terranova for the heads up!!!!

kolu

#12: Post by kolu »

boost wrote:Is it true that multi group slayer that it only share a single expansion valve? So in case you inadvertently close the needle valve it's possible that the coffee boiler pressure goes quite a bit high.
group 3-way then valves act as safety valves, leaking around 14-16 bar. or through the whole body... yea, clever engineering.

Jupe

#13: Post by Jupe »

Hi Frank,
Today I checked the pressure of the water line used for the baleful slayer: 50 psi, not too much I think.

Jupe

#14: Post by Jupe »

The reason for the design error - cost saving. Compare Slayer V2 to V3.

spressomon

#15: Post by spressomon »

I am, like others, interested in hearing what Jason has to say about it. Its difficult to fathom two screws and 2 more drill & thread CNC operations were the motive especially given the price point, etc. After all, they're not General Motors :D.

Not a panacea but my 1G is just over 1-year old with daily use and knock on wood no leaks.
No Espresso = Depresso

Jupe

#16: Post by Jupe »

may be, the reason is that the two threads, of the mounting screw and the screw of the needle valve collide.

SteveH
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by SteveH »

spressomon wrote:I am, like others, interested in hearing what Jason has to say about it. Its difficult to fathom two screws and 2 more drill & thread CNC operations were the motive especially given the price point, etc. After all, they're not General Motors :D.

Not a panacea but my 1G is just over 1-year old with daily use and knock on wood no leaks.
I would also like to hear directly from Slayer on this. It doesn't make sense to me to not drill the other holes for cost savings, or as an oversight of some sort. Would have to imagine there's a reason...

Jupe

#18: Post by Jupe »

Sorry, too much news in the slayer watergate.
For more infos look here in the german coffee-forum
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/slay ... st-1446796
All in all, the Slayer V3 SG is a cost-effective espresso machine for 8000 USD plus VAT, The real joke, made by real pots from Seattle, the right piggy pigs, which are celebrated for years, by people who do not look through.
Comparable with ECM, more not.
Pics here have not real function, whatever? Sorry, ask your provider-
Greeting
Juergen

boost

#19: Post by boost »

Looks like they really should've drilled the extra two holes. Those sub base on the new Parker liquipure valve seems to be made by stamping as opposed to the old machined brass base.
I still don't understand how they can get away of running the pressure until 20 bar on the single group, is the expansion valve before or after the valve?

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#20: Post by Peppersass »

boost wrote:I still don't understand how they can get away of running the pressure until 20 bar on the single group, is the expansion valve before or after the valve?
I don't know if it's really 20 BAR, but I do know that there's no bypass valve in the gear pump. If there's no expansion or OPV valve between the gear pump and the needle valve the pressure will soar. However, Slayer uses the FG model of the gear pump, the motor of which has a current-limiting circuit that maxes out at about 85W. I'm believe this means the pump can't exceed its design limit, which is 20 BAR. The fittings downstream, OTOH, are another story.