Slayer steam pressure not increasing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
naruto

#1: Post by naruto »

Dear friends,

Yesterday I unplugged my Slayer single group and close the water line for a few minutes. After I plugged in and opened the water line, the machine stopped increasing steam pressure and water was flowing from the hot water spout (in off position) instead. I waited some time with a hope that things become normal but nothing changed in the end. Water constantly flow from hot water spout and tank fills with water. I wonder if anyone have any idea what the problem might be. You can also check the video below.

Peppersass

#2: Post by Peppersass »

I'm not an expert on the Slayer, but it looks like the hot water valve is stuck in the open position. This would explain the symptoms you're seeing: hot water running continuously will cause the boiler to keep filling and it won't be able to build steam pressure.

I'm not familiar with how the Slayer hot water valve works. My GS/3 uses an electronic solenoid valve, but the large lever on the Slayer suggests it might use a manual valve.

In either case, the valve must not be closing all the way, perhaps due to some debris in the water that got lodged in it. I would try exercising the lever back and forth to see you can dislodge it. Otherwise, you might have to disassemble the valve and clean it.

Or, if it's a solenoid valve that activates via a switch connected to the lever, the switch could be bad.

Advertisement
kolu

#3: Post by kolu »

its solenoid valve.
disconnect the solenoid cable, turn off machine, unscrew coil, shut-off pressure, unscrew valve top, inspect gasket - if dirty, clean, reassembly
if clean, replace.

kolu

#4: Post by kolu »

em, please hit me someone with a hammer. hot water valve on single group is the same construction as steam valve. you should first check if the valve pin isn't stuck inside.

remove the shoulder bolt (big flat screw) and use pliers to remove the pin that protrudes from the valve. if it helps then exchange the o-rings, lubricate lightly with PTFE grease and reassemble.

if that doesn't help then you have to get inside machine and open the valve. you have to exchange the EPDM gasket inside the valve, it's the same type as E61 gaskets in brew group. check the spring for deformations, reassemble as well.

naruto (original poster)

#5: Post by naruto (original poster) »

Thank you very much for your help. It seems that problem is gasket in the hot water connection. Solenoid valve will be the second option to check if problem does not solved with replacing gasket. It is a two months old and brand new machine but I will consider as bad luck instead of blaming Slayer. :shock:

kolu

#6: Post by kolu »

If the pin removal didn't help then get inside the valve from inside of the machine (remove compression fitting and then unscrew the huge nut with nipple) and check the gasket on the seal (should be green colour to help with identification). There might be some particles preventing good seal. If not, replace gasket with new 13x4x4 mm Viton one.
There is no solenoid valve in hot water delivery, I'm sorry for my previous mistake.