Monolith preorders open - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
MNate

#21: Post by MNate »

I was successful! At resisting the temptation to buy one, that is. I had a conical in the "basket" and was about to enter my CC info and I stopped because I had told myself before I'd wait longer. Nice. I think my Pharos will continue to be just fine.

erik82

#22: Post by erik82 »

I'm glad I bought an EG-1 because I've been waiting for a very long time and they've been sold out so quick. I woke up this morning, saw the email and thy where all gone. I would have been glad to wait a year and just be sure to get one instead of this. This is kind of like a lottery ticket. I just gave up on the Monolith.

Tanax

#23: Post by Tanax »

Yeah, I think a waiting list would be better :) You'll get a number and if that number is covered in the next batch, you'll be asked to place your deposit then. Denis don't have to manage future deposits, only a simple ordered waiting list :) More fair for everyone since, e.g. me here in Sweden received the email in the middle of the night :D

Just an idea!

Regarding this run, is there any updates announced? Didn't see anything in the email!

Espresso_Junky

#24: Post by Espresso_Junky »

rklem wrote:Same here.

As much as I honour the products and the craftsmanship: Feeling like participating in a lottery where a few lucky winners are allowed to pay a premium price for a premium product feels like a perverted form of capitalism. I really don't know if I want to be a part of that game anymore.
Totally agree... my take on it is that although this is a forum to discuss perfecting home espresso at the end of the day it's a grinder... nothing more/less. With all that's happening in the world with hurricane/flood/fire damage does anybody really deserve the right to spoil themselves or nitpick details such as this that mean little at the end of the day? Bring on the hate comments!

TomC
Team HB

#25: Post by TomC replying to Espresso_Junky »

Ummm, yes, they do. This is a coffee and espresso enthusiast forum.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Zombeezy

#26: Post by Zombeezy »

Well, I was lucky to spot the email notification yesterday around 430PM EST and saw there were 16 flats left (probably was the total of the run), so grabbed one. I had been checking website multiple times per day for a couple of months, hitting F5 every time to refresh in case the Out of Stock changed and but my browser cache didn't reflect it.

Although I was successful in placing an order and thus benefitted from the method, I agree that in a perfect world, future orders should go in a queue for notification. But if that was the case, I could see it being a problem in contacting those that are on waiting list to see if they still want the grinder, and deciding how long does Denis would reasonably wait before moving on to the next person?

I've been involved in forum and email groups and every time there are 1 or 2 people who disappear from the forum and then you find out they are deployed with the military overseas, or are on a walkabout for a week on the A.T. with their son, or in the hospital, or are dead. So you get around that by taking credit card info up front and the agreement is, if you are on the waiting list, is that you agree to the charging to the card automatically when he opens the list up again. And again, then you have to deal with those where the transaction fails (card expired or was hacked and cancelled, or didn't update PayPal info), and having to try and get that resolved.

It isn't the optimal system, but it is effective and minimizes how much time he spends on resolving issues. You could get around that by brokering sales thru a 3rd-party, I suppose...

HB
Admin

#27: Post by HB »

Closed for review.
Dan Kehn