Your ultimate WDT tool - Page 6

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
doublehelix

#51: Post by doublehelix »

...a LW blind tumbler/shaker and a Sonicare electric toothbrush. Power it up and it zips through grounds.... Then shake and dump in to basket using an Ipanema collar/funnel.

Used to just use the Sonicare in the basket-- found a lot of fines migrated out through the basket holes.

https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/coffe ... 144&Page=2

slipchuck

#52: Post by slipchuck replying to doublehelix »

Can you describe what you mean as far as sonicare goes?

Thanks

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

doublehelix

#53: Post by doublehelix replying to slipchuck »

I simply dip the Sonicare toothbrush (it's an ultrasonic electric toothbrush) into the grounds....the vibrations allow you to push the bristles through the grounds with little resistance while stirring.

With the power off, you'll feel a lot of resistance when pushing the bristles through the grounds. Apparently, the bristles couple the vibrations to the grounds in a such a way to nicely mix your grounds and declump.

Hope this helps....

Stanic

#54: Post by Stanic »

I played a bit with a small whisk - wanted to stir the edges and middle part at the same time

jackson6

#55: Post by jackson6 »

It looks like Matt Perger is coming up with a distribution tool. It looks very similar to others on this thread but he is using differently. He is pushing the device in and not turning the device.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS0c3ZCtVZs

ira
Team HB

#56: Post by ira »

jackson6 wrote:It looks like Matt Perger is coming up with a distribution tool.
Not a distribution tool, more likely it knocks out pockets of air to make the puck even more uniform. He clearly states you must evenly distribute the coffee before using it. Clever idea, that's for sure. My mill got power last week, maybe I'll try to make something like that to play with.

Ira

sprin001

#57: Post by sprin001 »

I have had different results with WDT. Currently, I grind into a paper bowl, mix that up and pour into my PF. Previously I used a dissecting needle to break clumps on a Ceado e5p and found channeling to be an issue but after further review I realized it was they way I was stirring. If stirred in a circular motion I inevitably experienced channeling. If I did bottom to top, left to right matter, no channeling. Try changing your stirring technique? just a thought, ymmv.

trapperkeeper

#58: Post by trapperkeeper »

single bamboo Skewer (cut to approx 5") sharp side down - works best for me.
LMWDP #600