Best Organic Espresso?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Nomad

#1: Post by Nomad »

I am looking for a good quality organic espresso that produces a rich crema. I have been using Berkeley Coffee & Tea's Organic Espresso and while it isn't bad it isn't as nice as the non-organic espresso beans I regularly use like Monsoon Medley by Josuma Coffee which produces a lot of crema and a pretty big body.

Balthazar_B

#2: Post by Balthazar_B »

Why not check this out?

Next up: Mr. Espresso Organic Neapolitan

They're right around the corner from you (so to speak, they're over a bridge). Well worth trying!
- John

LMWDP # 577

Espresso in SB

#3: Post by Espresso in SB »

I'm a fan of Blue Bottle, and their 17ft has plenty of crema.

Professor

#4: Post by Professor »

If you like Italian-style espresso the Sicilian roaster Miscela d'Oro has a fair trade/ organic blend called -- Natura - It pulled an excellent shot and was especially good in a cortado. I have seen the 2.2 lbs bag for as low as $26.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by LBIespresso »

Nomad wrote:I am looking for a good quality organic espresso that produces a rich crema.
I think Intelligentsia organic espresso is worth a try. I am enjoying some right now.
LMWDP #580

Intrepid510

#6: Post by Intrepid510 »

Balthazar_B wrote:Why not check this out?

Next up: Mr. Espresso Organic Neapolitan

They're right around the corner from you (so to speak, they're over a bridge). Well worth trying!
+1 and if you live in the Bay you should be able to find it in the grocery store.

chipman

#7: Post by chipman replying to Intrepid510 »

+1.....Mollie Stones, Lunardi's, and especially Bi-rite on 18th in the Mission carry a full line of some of the most popular roasters. Just be careful and check the roast dates.