Motif (Bonavita) Elements & Breville Precision Brewers

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Fluffeepuff

#1: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Both are new to the market - has anyone played with either?

Motif: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/product ... 3326&qty=1

Breville: https://www.brevilleusa.com/products/th ... 1743635484

keepitsimple

#2: Post by keepitsimple »

Not so sure about the Motif being " Designed by the coffee experts at Seattle-based Motif..." :wink: ...as it's just a re branded Melitta AromaElegance ® Therm DeLuxe, but none the worse for that, as the high end Melitta machines work well.

Bonavita have re-badged old Melitta designs in the past too, but the AromaElegance is a current model. Retailing for about £110 inc. 20% tax in the UK - and also available with a glass jug option.

The Melitta version is 1800w, but 1465w should be powerful enough to do the job well.

Should be a good performer if used properly.

(Edit - Correction - if the Motif version has a pre-soak option, that is a modification from the Melitta version.)

Fluffeepuff (original poster)

#3: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) »

keepitsimple wrote:Bonavita have re-badged old Melitta designs in the past too, but the AromaElegance is a current model. Retailing for about £110 inc. 20% tax in the UK - and also available with a glass jug option.
I wasn't aware that Bonavita used rebadged Melitta designs... thanks for the info!

keepitsimple

#4: Post by keepitsimple »

I've never studied all the Bonavita brewers, and some of them may well be original, but the first one they brought out was certainly a by then obsolete Melitta design (I used to have the Melitta version).

Melitta.de has all their current versions - think some more of the current Bonavita offerings are also originally Melitta.

I think that Melitta USA is a separate distribution company, which sells a completely different range of brewers from the European Melitta products, so no overlap with what Bonavita are putting out I guess. Almost certainly all of them are made in China anyway - quite probably in the same factory :wink: