Artisan software and Yocto Thermocouple

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
onderd

#1: Post by onderd »

Hello,

I am planning to buy an old(2008) Toper Roaster. Somebody advised me to buy a Yocto Thermocouple for profile control. I made some google searches and found some discussions on this forum, but i am not sure whether Yocto thermocouple is enough for my purposes. I want to build some profiles after some trials and repeat these with Artisan software. Is it possible only with Yocto Thermocouple or should i buy a device listed under PIDs from this list: https://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.c ... ction.html ?

renatoa

#2: Post by renatoa »

Mastech MS6514 was the best balanced choice for me. Useful for other activities too, not stuck to roaster.

chriscpad

#3: Post by chriscpad »

Have just seen your post re Yocto, I have used this for over 2 years and can highly recommend. I have used 3 other devices and they all had operating issues or failed, the Yocto runs with Artisan, plug n play and is great.
Win 8, desktop, laptop, K type non-grounded, Artisan 1.1

slipchuck

#4: Post by slipchuck »

renatoa wrote:Mastech MS6514 was the best balanced choice for me. Useful for other activities too, not stuck to roaster.
I have had mine for a couple of months and it has been great so far. The temperature was a little off, but you can calibrate both thermocouples to the boiling point of water to correct this.

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”