Los Angeles coffee shops 2017

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
coffeemmichael

#1: Post by coffeemmichael »

Any new openings/newer places to go to? I'm here about once a year, interested in 2017 highlights

Thanks!

Lacoffee

#2: Post by Lacoffee »

Where will you be?
Andrew

Pequod

#3: Post by Pequod »

Two Guns has branched out from Manhattan Beach into El Segundo. Don't know if that qualifies as "new" or in the neighborhood you'll be in, but it's my go to when I'm in the area on travel.

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

coffeemmichael wrote:Any new openings/newer places to go to? I'm here about once a year, interested in 2017 highlights

Thanks!

Not a lot of depth to their website, but it gives their address. Searching their name shows a lot of social media stuff on them however.

http://www.highlightcoffee.com/
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

coffeemmichael (original poster)

#5: Post by coffeemmichael (original poster) »

Trip ended up being a lot less friendly to my hunt for coffee. I only ended up going to g&b, gget, intelli, verve, blue bottle, and the coffee roaster on ventura in sherman oaks. Didn't end up going south or really have time for adventures, I ended up going to all of these en-route to preexisting engagements. Oh well, I'll be back soon enough

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#6: Post by mivanitsky »

Not new, but Klatch is always worth the trip.

wilsonkichoi

#7: Post by wilsonkichoi »

check out cafe demitasse sometime they have the "coffee 3 ways (espresso, brew, cold brew)"

fdehlvi

#8: Post by fdehlvi »

I really like Demitasse +1 on their '3 ways' If you are interested in that sort of deconstruction.
Their 'Heart of Darkness' Espresso blend is really delicious - It has good body and a dark chocolate base and floral, light fruit notes. The Baristas pull it well and the floral notes shine through even in milk drinks (Atleast the shorter ones - I haven't tried anything larger than a cappa).

A newish cafe in my neighborhood is 'Regent Coffee' and I'm liking them a lot so far. It is a low key coffee bar but with very good drinks. The roaster / owner Leon is sometimes behind the bar and is very friendly. I'm currently drinking their 'Blossom Blend' at home in my moka pot and its just yummy.