Bakersfield, CA... any decent shops here?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
mlim18

#1: Post by mlim18 »

What the subject says: I'm In Bakersfield, CA for a few days are there any good coffee shops that I should hit up?

*sigh*

#2: Post by *sigh* replying to mlim18 »

There aren't any great shops, but there are a few decent ones that have popped up recently. Cafe Smitten is probably the one you'll hear about most, it's near downtown and they serve Counter Culture. There's also Cloud 9 which is a good truck that's normally at the stockdale towers or somewhere similar.

Rig City is an interesting operation too, I haven't been to any of their actual locations (just farmers markets), not the most amazing coffee but it's decent, affordable and the owner is super friendly.

Advertisement
mlim18 (original poster)

#3: Post by mlim18 (original poster) »

*sigh* wrote:There aren't any great shops, but there are a few decent ones that have popped up recently. Cafe Smitten is probably the one you'll hear about most, it's near downtown and they serve Counter Culture. There's also Cloud 9 which is a good truck that's normally at the stockdale towers or somewhere similar.
Sweet. Thank you!

I probably only have time for one, so it sounds like Cafe Smitten should be the first option.

*sigh*

#4: Post by *sigh* replying to mlim18 »

It's worth checking out, they have a lot of nice equipment to drool over at least. They've only been around for like 6 months or something, but I've only been there once (my in-laws live in Bako). The food looks decent too, certainly a huge improvement over what had been available in Bakersfield.

mlim18 (original poster)

#5: Post by mlim18 (original poster) replying to *sigh* »

Thanks again. Just checked it out. I enjoyed their espresso and I liked their vibe. Though I wouldn't say the capp my buddy got was the best.

But all in all, I'd go there again. :)

*sigh*

#6: Post by *sigh* replying to mlim18 »

Glad you enjoyed it. It's certainly not the most amazing coffee shop but it's a huge improvement over what Bako used to have :lol: