Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 475

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
justneel

#4741: Post by justneel »

Capitol wrote:I dig the table man! Especially the color... Reminds me of being inside 49th Parallel up in YVR.
Thanks! The table was my idea... but the color was my wife's idea. She wanted it to match the kitchen aid mixer which we have of the same color.
jammin wrote:^agreed. good work on the table. i like that it's not too big and gaudy. bonus points for the stopwatch
The stop watch was some cheap one I bought on ebay a while ago. It's kinda nice that a full revolution is 30 seconds rather than a minute. Close to my ideal shot time!

Suvartet

#4742: Post by Suvartet »

Frenchman wrote:After three years without making espresso at home, I bought a new-to-me Linea Mini today. I am very excited, and quite caffeinated too...

<image>
Nice demitasse collection!

Frenchman

#4743: Post by Frenchman »

Thanks. I have a lot more in my cabinet, including a Miss Illy, Koons, a Penelope Cruz (<heart>; should have bought two), and a lonely blue alien whom I especially love. But I didn't want to crowd the display... I rotate them every now and then.

LMWDP #712

RikC

#4744: Post by RikC »

Frenchman wrote:After three years without making espresso at home, I bought a new-to-me Linea Mini today. I am very excited, and quite caffeinated too...

<image>
Looks great a stainless steel model with those coloured mugs above it, congrats! I was quite caffeinated too the first day I got my machine :wink:

Frenchman

#4745: Post by Frenchman »

I believe that... If I had ordered it myself I would have gone white... but this works.
LMWDP #712

sweaner

#4746: Post by sweaner »

flathead1 wrote:Unfortunately CPU does not provide immunity to that even more pernicious affliction, Multiple Machine Acquisition Syndrome (MMAS). :)<image>
I have found another syndrome that actually can prevent, at least temporarily, the progression of CPU.

It is called BADS...Bank Account Deficiency Syndrome. :cry:
Scott
LMWDP #248

wpK

#4747: Post by wpK »

<image>
I've never had any interest in different designs. I have the Renaissance cups from Visions Espresso. But I really like that display... please don't start another disorder :(

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#4748: Post by mitch236 »

Here is the old setup that drove me to give up. Between the immense retention of the Robur and the complete non-repeatable nature of the Strada EP, I was doomed!

The new setup! Now this is more like it!! These dedicated single dosing grinders have changed the game of home espresso! I'm certain that Denis' Monolith is every bit as great as my EG-1 but I didn't have the time to wait. The Synesso is a much simpler machine and completely repeatable and consistent. I'm back!!

The amazing part is that with the old setup, I bought all types of diagnostic tools trying to help me improve and now with the new setup, I haven't needed any of them! I did pull out the Scace and checked the offset of the Synesso and it was spot on. Those guys sure can build a great machine! But for me, the biggest improvement is the ability to dial in the grinder. Because there is essentially zero retention, I can make micro adjustments and really explore coffee without using up pounds of beans or getting frustrated. Switching between different beans is a breeze too! I'm so over-caffeinated right now I can't keep my thoughts straight!!

BaristaBoy E61

#4749: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Synesso MVP Hydra & EG-1 - it can hardly get better than that!

Congrats!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

ShelbiRyan

#4750: Post by ShelbiRyan »

What an awesome set up! I too can relate to the pounds and pounds of beans I save dialling in the EG-1 versus my E8!