Chrome Grinder Thoughts

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Pmcd

#1: Post by Pmcd »

I'm looking at the Eureka Zenith 65E grinder and curious if anyone has a perspective about CHROME grinders for home use. It is a premium for chrome on top of an already expensive grinder.

Looking for people with perspective of Chrome plated grinders in general

How does it look over time. (Scratches)
Do you wish you have have picked a different finish? If you could go back would do pick CHROME again?
Any other thoughts or opinions that I'm not thinking about.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII »

I have no experience with chromium plating on a grinder, but generally speaking I guess it is less expensive and not as durable as stainless steel. It may be very attractive though.

Rocky

ash4889

#3: Post by ash4889 »

I have polished aluminum finish, it looks like Chrome.
I believe it enhancers my countertop and compliments my espresso machine, I've never really gotten any scratches on it because not putting anything to damage it near it.
But everything depends on the expression machine that you currently have, if it's going to complemented and enhance the beauty of it good choice in my opinion

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner »

That grinder does look great in chrome.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Bossman

#5: Post by Bossman »

Not to throw you off, but for about $100 more you can get the Olympus 75e in polished aluminum with the mythos titanium burrs...

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/eurek ... oC9SHw_wcB

Pmcd (original poster)

#6: Post by Pmcd (original poster) »

Appreciate all of the feedback. Lots of things to think about. The 75e is too tall but looks like an awesome piece of machinery. Regardless I'm pushing it with the 65e with short hopper along with my budget but want to buy a grinder that is going to last the next 10-15 years.

sweaner

#7: Post by sweaner »

Looks as if the height difference is related to the hopper.
Scott
LMWDP #248