ECM Synchronika initial start up issue

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Rhodius

#1: Post by Rhodius »

Hello everybody,

My first posting, pardon me if I jump straight to question.

Just got the ECM Synchronika after reading comments and reviews on these forums for a while.

I'm having a problem with the newly arrived machine. I'm using the water tank, full of water, the machine has been tested by the vendor, so following their instructions I lift up the brew lever and turn on the machine. The pump would run for about 2-3 mins but no water coming out of the brew head and then not too long after pump stops and the PID turns off.

I'm sure this could be something really silly that I might've missed. Water check. Valve set to water tank, this is supposed to be set in position 1, towards the direction of the plumbing pipe right? Water source selector switch is set to 0 (tank).

I noticed the water in the tank does not seem to go down despite pump running. I checked the valve in the tank using tooth picks, if I stick it in, water comes out. To me it means this valve is letting water out correctly. But as I said, it's as if water doesn't go into the brew tank. Hence pump stops and PID turns off.

If anybody has the same experience please let me know, I'll contact the vendor tomorrow, however I'm not sure the support line since it's Saturday, hence this posting to the forum. Thanks again and I'll look forward to sharing some stories/experiences in this forum.

mike guy

#2: Post by mike guy »

It doesn't sound like it's priming. Are you moving the lever all the way up before powering on the machine? You don't want to run the pump for 2-3 minutes without it drawing water. You seem to have the initial startup process correct. The valve and the selector are right. The only other thing is to really press down on the reservoir so you get a good click. It's been a while since I ran with the reservoir so I can't remember how hard it is to press in, but I did the start up with it.

Good luck!

relax

#3: Post by relax »

switch the lever towards the water supply adapter.