Faema Due no flow - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pwarren (original poster)

#11: Post by pwarren (original poster) »

And did I mention I had to knock a hole in the Kitchen wall to find a place for this Faema Due to live? My wife is a calm, understanding woman. Hope we can get this going to fill the hole :P

stuartmac

#12: Post by stuartmac »

Nice hole

Advertisement
doubleOsoul

#13: Post by doubleOsoul »

Looks like plenty of room for a commercial unit and we all need one of those...lol.

stuartmac

#14: Post by stuartmac »

i agree, up size to a bigger faema, i have a two group due that would fit there nicely.

erics
Supporter ★

#15: Post by erics »

The allen bolts are buried under the plastic body and it appears there is a nut that might hold the solenoid to the brass body but it would require a really thin spanner to get at it.
You would remove the solenoid itself and then the "cylinder" which contains the valve assembly unscrews. From your photo, it appears as though this boiler fill solenoid valve has been screwed on a little too tight, i.e. the solenoid should be rotated up a bit. There should be enough clearance between the wiring for it and the copper line such that no chafing occurs.

HOWEVER, the click tells me that the valve itself is functioning.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#16: Post by pwarren (original poster) »

All of you have been so helpful with this project! Anyhow, it is working like a charm and all back together. I ordered all the valves, springs and circ clips for that main water valve. I swapped the solenoids about - the group head one and the main water tap solenoids are the same except the latter is capped off on the pressure release valve - just to be sure the solenoid was working. For sure, if you're hearing the "clack" it is pulling the piston open - and it was in my case. Trouble was, the little pinhole on the valve part that the solenoid was supposed to open was plugged.

Some acid, a pin, some compressed air and everything was flowing in no time.

What I could not get my head around was how these small orifices could impact on the great amount of flow needed to fill the tank automatically or pull a shot or draw hot water from the tap. I guess the deal is, these orifices, in fact, energize the larger valve that do control that flow to open or close. Got it.

Anyhow, it is a dream machine so far and the consistency of shot is great. Had fun playing with the infuser/frother as opposed to the wand.

We're all on a coffee buzz here! Thanks again everyone for the help and advice.

#17: Post by pwarren (original poster) »

erics wrote:You would remove the solenoid itself and then the "cylinder" which contains the valve assembly unscrews. From your photo, it appears as though this boiler fill solenoid valve has been screwed on a little too tight, i.e. the solenoid should be rotated up a bit. There should be enough clearance between the wiring for it and the copper line such that no chafing occurs.

HOWEVER, the click tells me that the valve itself is functioning.
You were so right. Golly that is a lovely machine. I'd love to add the steam wand on the left (facing machine). I'm using the one on the right with the infusion attachment - and the kids like this for other things. I'd need the valve - but where does yours tie in to the boiler?

Advertisement
stuartmac

#18: Post by stuartmac »

by infusion attachment do you mean one of those auto froth things with the hose for a jug of milk ?

#19: Post by pwarren (original poster) »

Exactly, yes. I've always been a bit cynical of these things and I've never had anything but success using wands. But my machine is configured with the wand on the right and the way I have it in the "hole" is awkward. I'd love to plumb in and add a wand on the left like the dual head machines have. Shouldn't be too hard and it would be great to find some parts. The infusion frother works great I have to say, easy to clean and does a perfect job so I'm not a cynic anymore :twisted: