Bad quick-release thingy. (teflon pipe) - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
North (original poster)

#11: Post by North (original poster) »

I pushed it all the way in and now it seals better.
It works.

But the gasket got a little damaged when I took it out to figure out how it all works and its dropping a drop now and then so I'll probably wait for the new parts before using the machine.

Thanks for all the help.

I do have another question tho.

The teflon pipe goes into another quick coupling looking like this:

This is not from my machine but it looks like this but mine are orange.

Since I had been rocking the thing so much I checked the connection into the orange quick release and it seemed very loose so I kinda had to release it and put it in again just to be sure. Its very hard to put it back because there isnt any space, but from what I could see on the pipe, it doesnt go in very long. (there is a little mark on the pipe and its only 5mm in on the pipe)

So I pushed it back in and reasembled everything and its working without any major leaks, but the orange push-in seems very loose, more then the one next to it.

So is there a special way to get this fitting a perfect seal? From what I can understand its only to push it in and its done, is this correct?

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

I realize there are "working space" problems in most espresso machines.

If I remember correctly, when you insert the tubing into the fitting correctly, the orange or green part will "pop out" a very small amount. To remove the tubing, you would push the orange part into the fitting and pull the tube straight out.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

North (original poster)

#13: Post by North (original poster) »

Yeah.

If I now pull the tubing hard it doesn't come out, so it should be locked in place.

Dan Bollinger

#14: Post by Dan Bollinger »

A common failure with Guest fittings is that the tubing is not fully inserted, and therefore the gasket has no chance of sealing perfectly. What happens is that the tubing bumps against the ledge the gasket rests on and fails to move past the gasket. You really have to push the tubing in hard.

North (original poster)

#15: Post by North (original poster) »

Yeah thats what I learned. However the tube had to be cut due to degradation so it is a little short and that made it harder :P