Thermosyphon Stall in Quickmill Alexia

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Philg
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Philg »

Hello,

I get occasional thermosyphon stalls after an idle of a couple of hours - I've never descaled and found only a few small white spots on the mushroom the few times I've checked - soft water.

I usually back flush after a shot (only 1 - 3 shots most days).

I've read through some threads but all refer to the HX. It seems I should check the OPV, any other diagnostic or preventive measures I should try for my SBDU e61?

Thanks.

erik82

#2: Post by erik82 »

Does flushing with a blindfilter help to get everything going again? I had the same problem a while ago and it was the OPV. Took it out and cleaned and rescaled it and everything worked fine again.

Philg (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Philg (original poster) »

Thanks Erik. Yes, back flush will get it going again - sounds like I need to take a look at the OPV.

Thanks.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

The upper seal of the E61 failing is another possible cause of a thermosyphon stall; see Constant dripping from E61 grouphead for details. If the group is slowly doing the drip drip thing, Stefano has a rebuild kit for the E61 grouphead: Grouphead Kit E-61. And before Randy chimes in, here's his tutorial on Overhauling and Lubricating the E-61 Group.
Dan Kehn

Philg (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Philg (original poster) »

Thanks for the link. My searches yielded group gaskets and aquatic mammals.