La Spaziale Vivaldi brew boiler problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CoffeeOwl

#1: Post by CoffeeOwl »

Hello!

After 4 and a half years of flawless working my machine has a problem. It displayed two alarms to me, interchangeably, and also between that worked still normally a bit. But finally the state is that the brew boiler thinks it's up to temp while it's cold.

The alarms displayed are 'damaged group temp detection system' and the other is 'damaged group heating element triac'.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

CoffeeOwl (original poster)

#2: Post by CoffeeOwl (original poster) »

A little update: I located the brew boiler temp probe, also removed it from the boiler (to be precise, from the casing that it is sitting in in the boiler) and it appears a little wet, so I have a leakage there.

I have a question:
I checked that there's no difference in the machine's behaviour when the probe is outside, or in the boiler. The boiler thinks it's up to temp (any temp, and it is cold). Is it normal or does it point that there's another problem?

I'm going to do the repair myself
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

Advertisement
CoffeeOwl (original poster)

#3: Post by CoffeeOwl (original poster) »

I did ohm measurement of the temp probe on my Vivaldi, against the boiler casing and from the end of the wires to the probe (as suggested by Chas). Both are open (which is bad; the latter shouldn't be open).

Now after a few days of not using the machine I tried to let it heat up; now the steam boiler doesn't want to refill (I had this March last year and talked about it here: Steam boiler doesn't refill on Vivaldi (and on Vivaldi forums http://s1cafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1521 )).
That one seemed to be related to the period of time of water sitting in the steam boiler.

Anybody has any idea?
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199