New Strega video by Bezzera - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
espressotime

#11: Post by espressotime »

Bak Ta Lo wrote:Promise not to tangent in to puckology, but the dry pucks I just assumed were a result of the full piston cycle having to run all the water in the chamber through, not like a pump machine where the force of the flow is stopped as soon as the pump is killed. The function of the machine making dry hard pucks does not really matter to the actual shot, as the the actual espresso shot itself has been pulled away from the flow long before the full cylinder finally finishes emptying out through the puck. Once you pull the lever, you gotta let it run all the way trough, you can't "kill a shot" in the middle and knock out a wet puck, the spring has to decompress. My Cremina also produces a similar undisturbed and bone dry puck, because I hand pull every drop of water out of the cylinder in to a catch basin after I pull the espresso shot. Just extracting all the water, nothing really special about it as related to the espresso shot.

I want to get one of my PF's chopped too, so I can try some naked extractions. I need to find someone who can do it. Any good source who will do it via "mail order", shipping it back and forth?
Buy a big hole saw at your local hardwareshop.Costs about 15$.Drill out the bottom of your single porta.Took me 3 minutes.Easy job.

voodoodaddy

#12: Post by voodoodaddy »

Bak Ta Lo wrote: I want to get one of my PF's chopped too, so I can try some naked extractions. I need to find someone who can do it. Any good source who will do it via "mail order", shipping it back and forth?
Idrinkcoffee has bottomless for the Strega, mine is coming in this week. That is if UPS doesn't kill this shipment too...

Will

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

What! I had not heard this. Thanks Will.
LMWDP #371