Help!?! Where do I start looking for answers! It's become increasingly difficult to find (and refind) the most popular and informative espresso-related topics among the various forums. To make it easier for you to get started and to help you navigate to topics that interest you, this article contains links to the best topics, categorized by forum and subject area.
Best of the Water Forum
Below is a collection of this forum's most popular topics. To nominate a thread for inclusion in this list, please post a reply to this message. Remember to check the Resources page for other references.
- Good references on water treatment for coffee/espresso
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Treatment 101
- Jim Schulman's Insanely Long Water FAQ
- Can water go stale?
- Distilled and tap water ratio for optimal taste vs. scale
- Recharging a water softener and When to recharge water softener?
- Discount replacement water softener and carbon filters
- Best way to recharge the in-tank water softener
- Tasted Your Reservoir Water Lately?
- Water treatment options for plumbed in espresso machine
- How do I descale my espresso machine?
- Use of Citric Acid to Descale
- Water, Scaling and Descaling with HX machines?
- Does reverse osmosis water filter prevent scale buildup?
Tip: If you're new to making espresso at home, don't start with the forum's FAQs and Favorites. Instead, gain espresso preparation's prequisite knowledge by spending an evening on the site's recommended reading.
Unabridged FAQs and more
If you wish to explore a wider range of topics, some of which may be humorous, others that may be more esoteric, consult the exhaustive list of FAQs and Favorites. If you're looking for something amusing or occasionally thought-provoking, check out the site's Quotable Quotes.