Help!?! Where do I start looking for answers! It's become increasingly difficult to find (and refind) the most popular and informative espresso-related topics among the various forums. To make it easier for you to get started and to help you navigate to topics that interest you, this article contains links to the best topics, categorized by forum and subject area.
Best of the Coffee Roasting Forum
Below is a collection of this forum's most popular topics. To nominate a thread for inclusion in this list, please post a reply to this message. Remember to check the Resources page for other references. If you are just beginning to home roast, check the Sweet Maria's website for the basic information and supplies
- How to Home Roast
- Roasting Defects Pictorial
- Roasting Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
- To roast or not to roast? and Home roasting - what's the big deal?
- Understanding degrees of roast
- Roasting Profiles for Espresso?
- What is the latest on the storage of greens?
- Green bean age and its effect on espresso
- How to Choose a Roasting Machine
- Green Coffee Exchange
- Rate of Rise (ROR) and Scott Rao on "The Flick"
- The cheapest and simplest way to improve your roasts
- Experience great professional coffees before you start
- Measuring the moisture content of green coffee
- Home roasting, 19th century style
- Roasting techniques to emphasize the coffee's origin
- Advanced sorting/culling coffee beans
- The Ultimate Home Roaster Project
- Artisan Getting Started Guide - Collaboration Welcome
- The Longest Day (Do you homeroast?)
- Should this forum be for advanced roasting for espresso?
- Roast and Learn Together - Terms and Definitions
- Roast and Learn Together - General Discussion
- Roast and Learn Together - Schedule
- Roast and Learn Together 2016 - Jan
- Roast and Learn Together 2015 - Dec/Nov, Sep, Aug, Jul, Jun, May, Mar/Apr, Feb, Jan
- Roast and Learn Together 2014 - Dec, Nov, Oct, Sep, August, Jul, Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan
- Roast and Learn Together 2013 - Dec, Nov
- An Aficionado's Guide to Espresso Blending and Espresso Home Roasting Log
- Green bean for enhancing espresso blend's body
- Favorite recipe for espresso blends
- Espresso Blends Inspired by Black Cat
Tip: If you're new to making espresso at home, don't start with the forum's FAQs and Favorites. Instead, gain espresso preparation's prequisite knowledge by spending an evening on the site's recommended reading.
Unabridged FAQs and more
If you wish to explore a wider range of topics, some of which may be humorous, others that may be more esoteric, consult the exhaustive list of FAQs and Favorites. If you're looking for something amusing or occasionally thought-provoking, check out the site's Quotable Quotes.