Help!?! Where do I start looking for answers! It's become increasingly difficult to find (and refind) the most popular and informative espresso-related topics among the various forums. To make it easier for you to get started and to help you navigate to topics that interest you, this article contains links to the best topics, categorized by forum and subject area.
Best of the Knockbox Forum
Below is a collection of this forum's most popular topics. To nominate a thread for inclusion in this list, please post a reply to this message. Remember to check the Resources page for other references.
- E61 active group heat using pump inline w/thermosyphon loop
- Measurement of espresso machine performance
- Designing pressure profile
- Received wisdom about brew pressure
- Should I PID my Heat Exchanger?
- Good references on water treatment for coffee/espresso
- History of Olympia Express
- Online copy of Illy's "Espresso Coffee: The Science of Quality"
- Order of Importance: Coffee, Grinder, Espresso Machine... and Barista?
- How to develop coffee tasting palate?
- Used a hole saw to convert portafilter to bottomless [pictures]
- How many sins does milk really hide?
- Brew pressure and its effects on espresso
- Overextracted - Blog about espresso and life
- Hall of Shame: ''What I did when I was a newbie...''
- SCAA Sensory Skills [Psych] Test
- Is there a new disconnect between coffee hobbyists and professionals?
- How do you serve coffee for guests?
- The obsession with sweet espresso - a dogma in the making
- How to make cafe cremas
- The Ideal Palate Refresher
- 12 Angry Men
- Find the man in the beans! (riddle)
- SCAA Barista Competition - USBC 2007
- SCAA Barista Competition - USBC 2006
- SCAA Barista Competition - SERBC 2005
- USBC Barista Competition - Competitor Debriefing
- SCAA Barista Competition - Competitor Debriefing
- WBC standards don't reflect real world usage
- Do your family / housemates use your espresso machine?
- Which is better: Roaster's cafe or their best client's cafe?
- Is the SCAA conference worth your time and money?
- Ever suffered from caffeine withdrawal?
- Is your espresso habit unhealthy?
- Do people understand your passion for "the ultimate espresso"?
- Do you mix / stir your espresso before drinking it?
- What's your "espresso while on vacation" strategy?
- How many pounds of coffee do you consume per year?
- How much have you spent on espresso equipment?
- Sink Shots Contest (and Grudge Match)
- The Longest Day (Do you homeroast?)
Tip: If you're new to making espresso at home, don't start with the forum's FAQs and Favorites. Instead, gain espresso preparation's prequisite knowledge by spending an evening on the site's recommended reading.
Unabridged FAQs and more
If you wish to explore a wider range of topics, some of which may be humorous, others that may be more esoteric, consult the exhaustive list of FAQs and Favorites. If you're looking for something amusing or occasionally thought-provoking, check out the site's Quotable Quotes.