The Zuriga espresso machine - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

It's doable as Decent uses a thermoblock for steaming and it's supposed to create exceptional milk texture, if a bit slowly. Not saying they did it right, but it can be done.

Ira

Marmot

#12: Post by Marmot »

If any of you want further information about this machine I can help you. I got a used one from the first series without steam function for a good price.
The boiler heats up really fast and keeps the temperature stable at 93 degrees celsius. I think the idea of this machine is to make it easy and convenient for users who don't want to put too much work into setting up their machine.
I personaly like it as a reference against my other modified machines. Build quality is excellent and the brushed stainless steel casing is indestructible.

desertOwl

#13: Post by desertOwl »

Could Zuriga owners please share their experience?

A rare brand to read about in this forum, but the product is maturing and offers a very interesting and unique value proposition in the landscape of prosumer espresso machines: an extremely small form factor, a 2 minute warmup time, no cold flushing needed, a capable steaming with no wait time after pulling a shot, one of the quietest vibration pumps in the market, very low energy consumption and a fixed 93 degrees Celsius brew temp coming out of the boiler. High end materials (titanium coated boiler!) and a beautiful design are the cherry on top.

what has been your experience with the Zuriga? How does it perform across different beans with its fixed temp? How reliable is it? Reading some anecdotal reports in other forums reveals some concern around watery / weak body espressos - is it really the case in practice?

Please share !

coffeeOnTheBrain

#14: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

I don't own one but I looked into it in detail on German Kaffee Netz.
It seems like a some people are happy with it, but there is an amount of machines sold on the forum that indicates otherwise as well.
Removing the drip tray is more complicated than necessary.
They choose titanium as a boiler material which seems thoughtful given the natural corrosion and scaling resistance.
Afterall it seems like a very premium Gaggia Classic to me, without PID mod but probably better thermo stability than a not tuned Classic.
Kaffeemacher have a video on the machine with many details on YouTube.

another_jim
Team HB

#15: Post by another_jim »

I have merged your thread with this one on the same topic. My understanding is that it is Eurozone only.
Jim Schulman