Your gripes about coffee equipment

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
franki

#1: Post by franki »

Hello, everyone. I have a request. Would as many people as possible give me some input on their home coffee setup? What inconveniences do you face when making coffee? What is one of the main problems you face when making coffee at home? Whether it be espresso, pour over, drip, or other. What do you not like about your equipment? (i.e. espresso machine, grinder, pour over setup, drip machine, etc.) The more input the better.

Thank you

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I'm pretty happy with my setup. Why do you ask?
Dan Kehn

franki (original poster)

#3: Post by franki (original poster) »

I've explained it as clear as I know. If everyone is happy about their setup that is great.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Sorry, I am asking why you want to know.

I assume there's a reason, e.g., you're thinking of buying equipment and want to avoid a mistake, you're a journalist and need ideas, you're just a curious person, etc. I'm asking also because asking the membership to gripe about something is an invitation to a lot of repetitive complaints that end in arguments and a locked thread (as a moderator, I've seen it happen many times).

I hope this clarifies why I'm asking to your satifaction.
Dan Kehn

franki (original poster)

#5: Post by franki (original poster) »

I definitely don't want this to turn into an argument. Better put, if you could change or add anything to your setup what would it be? The reason I want to know: I am looking for a main problem in the home coffee market to see if there would be a market for advanced coffee equipment.

P.S. I am not from a company of any sort.

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

We'll see how to goes, but generally speaking, we don't allow "surveying" of the membership. Otherwise, marketers and product developers and college students working on a paper would pepper this board 2-3x a month with questions. Needless to say, you have at your fingertips 15+ years of conversations touching on this point, so you might just spend a few evenings with the search feature and ask more specific questions based on your findings.
Dan Kehn

JRising
Team HB

#7: Post by JRising »

The biggest let-down in most modern espresso equipment, espresso/cappuccino machines, grinders, water-treatment systems, etc, is the lack of instructions and documentation. The things written on the boxes confuse consumers who then think their machines don't work when they turn on their "16 Bar Special-Wonderful Automatic" Fantastico Cappuccino Gloriastic and it has a gauge that doesn't show 16 bar pressure while it squirts out foul liquid. While this may be the fault of the consumer for buying something they don't understand, you said you wanted to hear gripes.

There's plenty of info in these forums for you and all to read.

tennisman03110

#8: Post by tennisman03110 »

I hate that it drains my bank account faster than I drain espresso shots.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

I have so many nice toys for making coffee I don't know which one to choose.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

My hard 500+ ppm water.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272