Your gripes about coffee equipment - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jasiano

#11: Post by jasiano »

As already mentioned, the impact on my bank account is the biggest problem with my home coffee setup.

If someone made an advanced coffee machine that automatically puts funds INTO my account each time I pull a shot/grind some beans, that would be nice. It'd have to be close to free though to make it worth my while.
-Jason

Down Under

drgary
Team HB

#12: Post by drgary »

Oh you mean a vending machine? That's do-able!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

bonjing

#13: Post by bonjing »

Biggest gripe is the layout. I would have liked to have a longer more linear counter with more electrical outlets to have everything laid out. Right now I have a wide peninsula but the electrical is in one area, so everything is clumped together.

Coffcarl

#14: Post by Coffcarl »

I'd like

"a commercial-quality espresso machine at a consumer-friendly price." Say.. $400

Or

"A home coffee machine with the latest technology. ... flow and pressure profiling at an affordable price "

Or

"The first truly portable espresso coffee maker that grinds beans, boils water and froths milk.."

Or

An "Electromagnetic induction coffee maker, (that) can instantly prepare a perfect ESPRESSO and a perfect AMERICAN FILTER COFFEE"

baldheadracing
Team HB

#15: Post by baldheadracing »

Coffcarl wrote:... An "Electromagnetic induction coffee maker, (that) can instantly prepare a perfect ESPRESSO and a perfect AMERICAN FILTER COFFEE"
Unfortunately, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... ee-machine

I wish that all crowd-funded coffee products were successful ... although experience has taught me what to look for, like an unrealistically low price, and no concept of electrical certification for the USA/Canada.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Coffcarl

#16: Post by Coffcarl »

baldheadracing wrote:
experience has taught me what to look for, like an unrealistically low price, and no concept of electrical certification for the USA/Canada.
I look for an expensive looking rendering and a hipster vibe.

Actually I have had a morbid curiosity about these projects for a long time but would never invest in one myself.

Coffcarl

#17: Post by Coffcarl »

The portapresso on Indiegogo had one update that seemed to show an inverted tuna fish tin with wires sticking out of it. Another of their updates showed some random steam machine all in parts. These were intended to show progress!

Spitz.me

#18: Post by Spitz.me »

There's always something better, I swear if only I could X then I would be done! I swear... At least that's what this forum keeps telling me...
LMWDP #670