Who wants to Bianca-fy their E61 grouphead? - Interest Survey - Page 13

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
speedplay

#121: Post by speedplay »

Neil.Pryde wrote:Hi there,
even with the Bianca the flow is restricted to a bit more than 6ml/s by the handle,you may want to take a look at my "full flow" handle.

Sometimes with greater baskets than 20g or to saturate the puck as fast as possible the max. flow of 12ml/s in the first seconds is an option for me.

<image>
How far do you have to turn "your" handle to achieve the max 12 ml/s flow rate?
And I agree, I want to keep my machine's max flow rate of 12 ml/s and want to use the profile valve handle to implement a declining pressure/flow profile towards the end of the extraction. I really do not want to mess with the start of the extraction but definitely want to be able to manipulate the extraction and perform a declining pressure/flow profile ala spring lever machine.
So I would start a shot with the handle/profile valve all the way open giving me 12 ml/s flow rate and then gradually move it clockwise to decrease the pressure/flow rate as the shot progresses. This is how I would like to use this primarily.

JohnStuartP

#122: Post by JohnStuartP »

speedplay wrote:BTW, for any Izzo machine owners, I have been informed that Izzo has no profiling valve kit ( did not think they did) and have no plans to offer one in the "present". From that statement it is not clear if they are working on something for the future but I'm guessing they meant they don't have current plans to offer one or are not currently working on a profiling valve kit.
Anyway, for all of us who own an Izzo the only path seems to be to use either a Profitec kit or a Lelit kit and hope that one or both fits our machines.
Not much of a surprise, but a bummer for sure. Are there any members with an Izzo that are planning to try to fit another kit in?

SveinHa

#123: Post by SveinHa replying to JohnStuartP »

Within a few months, I might do it but would like to have a confirmation that one or the other kit actually fits my Duetto v1...

Neil.Pryde

#124: Post by Neil.Pryde »

speedplay wrote:How far do you have to turn "your" handle to achieve the max 12 ml/s flow rate?
1.5 turns,it is the max. open position and the end of the thread.

TsurTriger

#125: Post by TsurTriger »

Does anyone try this kit on Bezzera E61 group head?

Tonefish (original poster)

#126: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

While I have made no progress in my back and forths with the valve manufacturer, I am thrilled that Jim and 1st-line have made possible the likely best overall solution .... thrilled!
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

BoulderGeek

#127: Post by BoulderGeek »

I am thrilled that Jim and 1st-line have made possible the likely best overall solution .... thrilled!
I just ordered one for my Mara.

I'll certainly report when I have it installed.

BenjaminWZX

#128: Post by BenjaminWZX »

I may be late to the party, but looks like you can indeed do it if you are craz----savvy, enough :D
https://www.1st-line.com/buy/lelit-bianca-flow-paddle/
Kind regards,
Benjamin