Who wants to Bianca-fy their E61 grouphead? - Interest Survey - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Swissbariss

Postby Swissbariss » Apr 04, 2019, 12:24 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am new to pump machines as I use a lever. Whats the difference between this grouphead valve and a normal brew pressure adjuster found inside the machine? If one made the adjuster more accessable wouldnt it be the same thing? Or is the brewhead valve just controlling the flow of set pressure?

Jake_G
Team HB

Postby Jake_G » Apr 04, 2019, 1:03 pm

This post from the ramble may be helpful to explain the difference between needle valves and other approaches to controlling brew pressure.

My long and rambling path to preinfusion/pressure profiling

Cheers!

- Jake

Swissbariss

Postby Swissbariss » replying to Jake_G » Apr 04, 2019, 3:19 pm

Thanks, I'll have to read that one in the morning.

speedplay

Postby speedplay » Apr 05, 2019, 5:15 pm

Looking at the video just posted by WLL, their/Profitec's flow profiling valve is very simple to install.
And after the mentioned handle upgrade it will be more functional (nicer) allowing greater flow range and higher flow rate (above the just 6 ml/s achieved by the Bianca) than Lelit's version.
I really hope the Profitec/WLL flow valve works with my Alex Duetto IV and that it's possible in the future to buy one from WLL even though I don't own a Pro700.

pacala

Postby pacala » Apr 06, 2019, 10:50 am

Is the kit edika/lelit 1000185 available on Edika's site? can't find it

mohninme

Postby mohninme » replying to pacala » Apr 06, 2019, 2:30 pm

I think 1st Line will probably be the best place to get this in the US from the posts above. I see you are in Europe... there must be a distributor there since that is where the machines are made :D

I believe Edika is the Canadian importer for Lelit and some other brands. They don't offer an on-line shopping experience and they aren't really a store. I called to order parts, not sure if they would ship abroad.
Michael

mohninme

Postby mohninme » Apr 06, 2019, 2:44 pm

Last night I finished installation of pressure indication on the E61 group head to compliment my existing Eric's Thermometer and Bianca profiling valve.
I did some additional water flow measurement and I can only get 5ml/s flow with the valve fully open but able to fully close in the LH position. I will likely do an orifice modification to improve the flow rate a bit in the RH position.

I created a video to show folks the mods and posted it to Youtube (first one ever). Sorry the video is a little fuzzy. Amateur..... :shock:

The first Youtube link apparently didn't work. Try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuUbLOGpeQ
Michael

Neil.Pryde

Postby Neil.Pryde » Apr 08, 2019, 4:32 am

Hi there,
even with the Bianca the flow is restricted to a bit more than 6ml/s by the handle,you may want to take a look at my "full flow" handle.

Sometimes with greater baskets than 20g or to saturate the puck as fast as possible the max. flow of 12ml/s in the first seconds is an option for me.

mohninme

Postby mohninme » replying to Neil.Pryde » Apr 08, 2019, 5:41 pm

Fancy :D What is that exactly? It looks like a chrome handle for a threading tap.

I agree that the flow is too restricted for all potential needs. Simply flushing the group takes 50% longer than previous. I was thinking of tuning an orifice to get a broader flow with the 220* of rotation I am limited too.
Michael

speedplay

Postby speedplay » Apr 09, 2019, 10:58 am

BTW, for any Izzo machine owners, I have been informed that Izzo has no profiling valve kit ( did not think they did) and have no plans to offer one in the "present". From that statement it is not clear if they are working on something for the future but I'm guessing they meant they don't have current plans to offer one or are not currently working on a profiling valve kit.
Anyway, for all of us who own an Izzo the only path seems to be to use either a Profitec kit or a Lelit kit and hope that one or both fits our machines.