Who manufactures the Quickmill baskets?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
quar

#1: Post by quar »

Anybody have any idea who manufactures the baskets included with the Quickmill machines? Specifically the Anita/Andreja/Vetrano?

Mike

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I don't know the precise manufacturer, but the baskets included with Quickmills are the ubiquitous Faema-style. Dosage is between 17-18.5 grams. The photos below are from LM Basket Woes:

Giotto stock basket (left) and ubiquitous 18 gram Faema-style basket (right)

Stock Isomac/Quickmill (top), so-called ridgeless La Marzocco (bottom)
Dan Kehn

luca
Team HB

#3: Post by luca »

OK, I think that everyone fanatical enough to be on HB knows that almost no manufacturers make their own parts, so if Chris or Terry or whoever wants to just tell us who the manufacturer is it wouldn't be that bad for business :wink: Might even avoid irritated HBs ordering the same basket twice!
LMWDP #034 | 2011: Q Exam, WBrC #3, Aus Cup Tasting #1 | Insta: @lucacoffeenotes

chriscoffee
Sponsor

#4: Post by chriscoffee »

If I had a clue I would be more than happy to tell you. I am sure that there is more than one manufacturer in Italy that punches out insert baskets for the various machine manufacturers. I have yet to visit a single machine manufacturer that made there own baskets.
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

quar (original poster)

#5: Post by quar (original poster) »

Actually, I was just more concerned with the style of basket rather than the exact manufacturer. All of the talk regarding the Synesso baskets made me wonder just what I was working with.

Thanks guys!

Mike