Weber Workshops Unifilter - Page 19

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
flyguyjake

#181: Post by flyguyjake »

I'm using a GS3 with a Key grinder. I ordered on 12/19/22. #15560

BaristaBob

#182: Post by BaristaBob »

flyguyjake wrote:I received my Unibasket today and used it for the first time. It's quite nice and very solid. The puck screen is also very thick. I'm using 20g espresso with the paper filter in the bottom and WW puck screen on top. There wasn't enough head room however and the puck screen became indented in the center by the shower screen screw. Is there a flat replacement screw I can get or is this normal? The puck screen is no longer flat as it's concave in the center. Will this effect the results? I also had to grind finer 1 tick as my shot time was flowing a few seconds faster with the Unibasket/paper/screen combo.
John,
You might want to try one of the ultra thin puck screens sold by Sworksdesign.com which has a thickness of only 0.2mm. I've been using them for about a month, works extremely well and gives you that much needed head space.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

TomC
Team HB

#183: Post by TomC »

flyguyjake wrote:I received my Unibasket today and used it for the first time. It's quite nice and very solid. The puck screen is also very thick. I'm using 20g espresso with the paper filter in the bottom and WW puck screen on top. There wasn't enough head room however and the puck screen became indented in the center by the shower screen screw. Is there a flat replacement screw I can get or is this normal? The puck screen is no longer flat as it's concave in the center. Will this effect the results? I also had to grind finer 1 tick as my shot time was flowing a few seconds faster with the Unibasket/paper/screen combo.
This isn't surprising to me. I found 19g was the highest dose I could use with the Speedster and the already installed Matrix shower screen that came from the original Indegogo campaign. I can't imagine 20g working with any shower screen/puck screen on top of a 19-20g dose.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Quester

#184: Post by Quester »

Grinding on a MAX SLM, I'm dosing 19g with the Weber Unibasket, Weber screen on top, and paper on the bottom. On the DE1Pro v1.1, that's working well (no spacer).

As I said on Decent Diaspora, the shots are hauling. With or without paper. And look different at the bottom of the basket compared to my other baskets. Shots have many streams through most of the shot and tend to end with three. They never merge.

p4lxrich

#185: Post by p4lxrich »

got a noticed my unibasket was shipped so it should be here this wk. looking fwd to see how it is and see if i really wasted $ on it.

jdrobison

#186: Post by jdrobison replying to p4lxrich »

I love experimenting and supporting innovation. Whatever the results of mine, I won't consider it wasted $ :D

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#187: Post by JB90068 replying to jdrobison »

Looks like mine will be arriving in the next few days and totally agree about supporting innovation.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

ddbrown3

#188: Post by ddbrown3 »

I'm wondering, I just got my unibasket but it doesn't seem to want to fit with my Decent portafilter. Did you have that issue at all?

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#189: Post by rhtrevino replying to ddbrown3 »

Are you using the new spring that came with the basket? Your stock spring may not be allowing the increased width of the unibasket.

ddbrown3

#190: Post by ddbrown3 »

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't even realize the Decent portafilter had a spring loaded into it, to be completely honest. Rookie mistake. I'll take a look at that tonight.