Weber Moonraker? - Page 38

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cb
Supporter ♡

#371: Post by cb »

I got my Moonraker in the ultra edition a few days ago. It's an absolutely stunning product. The build quality is second to none and it distributes the grounds perfectly. In fact, it's the most awesome product I've ever owned. I can see it lasting for a very long time when you maintain it properly. You have to be careful with the needles, though - it takes a bit of practice to learn to place it in its stand and in the basket without needles touching. I'm doing a few turns with the Pullman chisel before using the Moonraker since other members mentioned it's a good idea to use a distributor first.

H2c4

#372: Post by H2c4 »

Does anyone have a tamping station that fits the moonraker? Thank you

cb
Supporter ♡

#373: Post by cb »

Yes, Florian at epressoflo.de makes one that I use, called "Blocky", which works perfectly with the MR.

BaristaBob

#374: Post by BaristaBob »

cb wrote:I got my Moonraker in the ultra edition a few days ago. It's an absolutely stunning product. The build quality is second to none and it distributes the grounds perfectly. In fact, it's the most awesome product I've ever owned. I can see it lasting for a very long time when you maintain it properly. You have to be careful with the needles, though - it takes a bit of practice to learn to place it in its stand and in the basket without needles touching. I'm doing a few turns with the Pullman chisel before using the Moonraker since other members mentioned
it's a good idea to use a distributor first.
I agree with your form and function statements. Happy user here as well over the past seven months. I don't use any tools prior to raking...extractions have been excellent.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

H2c4

#375: Post by H2c4 »

cb wrote:Yes, Florian at epressoflo.de makes one that I use, called "Blocky", which works perfectly with the MR.

I couldn't find it. Is that a custom made one?

cb
Supporter ♡

#376: Post by cb »

H2c4 wrote:
I couldn't find it. Is that a custom made one?
Here it is: https://www.espressoflo.de/shop/tampers ... ingblocky/

The page is only available in German so you'll have to translate it.

H2c4

#377: Post by H2c4 replying to cb »

Perfect exactly what I was looking for thank you

Noplacetobe

#378: Post by Noplacetobe »

H2c4 wrote:Does anyone have a tamping station that fits the moonraker? Thank you

https://www.koffiewarenhuis.nl/producte ... instelbaar

Boku Supper Club

#379: Post by Boku Supper Club »

I have the pro level one with the brass gears. I ordered it May 4th of 2023. There's a drag on the interface of the black knurled part that you spin and the silver ring below it. You'd expect that to spin freely like a bearing for $500. Also the sound of the gears...yikes. It does distribute the grounds well, but so does a paper clip. I spent the big bucks for something I thought would be an enjoyable experience, especially something I use 3-4 time a days. It is not. I'm in a back-and-forth with the company, trying to get a refund, unless someone wants to buy it for $400 shipped.

cb
Supporter ♡

#380: Post by cb replying to Boku Supper Club »

I take my Moonraker apart once in a while and give it some mineral oil, like Weber suggests to do. It spins perfectly with just one finger. I also give the gears a tiny bit of mineral oil and they move perfectly, too. If you don't take it apart once in a while to do this, it'll stop being a smooth experience. That's completely expected, in my opinion, due to the fine mechanics of the Moonraker and it being exposed to coffee particles that like to go everywhere.