WAFO baskets - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Capuchin Monk

#41: Post by Capuchin Monk »

cmarker wrote:The Weber Basket is now available at $170.
Yikes! $170 for a basket and use 2 filters (top & bottom)? What's next, someone will start selling mid-filter? :roll:

p4lxrich

#42: Post by p4lxrich »

at least cheaper than wafo. what the heck. i'm already in a deep hole. might as well try it. haha

Jaroslav

#43: Post by Jaroslav »

So we're buying 200€ baskets now? :)
Jaroslav

Capuchin Monk

#44: Post by Capuchin Monk »

p4lxrich wrote:at least cheaper than wafo.
On other forums, the acronym "WAF" stands for Wife Approval Factor. It's commonly used when a guy is trying to buy a man's toy and runs into the wife's approval process complication. Now if you add "O" to it, I guess WAFO stands for Wife Approval Factor Objection. :idea:

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#45: Post by baristainzmking »

Jaroslav wrote:So we're buying 200€ baskets now? :)
Not me! :lol:
Julia

Fausto

#46: Post by Fausto »

I also see Sworks Design has been teasing something they're calling the Billet Basket.

I don't like that the WAFO baskets (even the classic) doesn't have evenly spaced holes. The WW Unibasket fixes that (they're evenly spaced), but has significantly less holes than the WAFO.

The Billet Basket appears to be a good combination of the two. Evenly spaced holes, but more of them! No word on pricing on the Billet yet.

p4lxrich

#47: Post by p4lxrich »

Anybody know the num of holes of ims or vst basket compared to these wafo, unibasket?

malling

#48: Post by malling »

Fausto wrote:I also see Sworks Design has been teasing something they're calling the Billet Basket.

I don't like that the WAFO baskets (even the classic) doesn't have evenly spaced holes. The WW Unibasket fixes that (they're evenly spaced), but has significantly less holes than the WAFO.

The Billet Basket appears to be a good combination of the two. Evenly spaced holes, but more of them! No word on pricing on the Billet yet.

I think there might be a reason for the madness in WAFO patterns

One major issue with the old precision is that the variations in hole seize tend to be in groups/patterns meaning one area of the basket typically have large or small holes, the Wafo as far as what I hear try to make these slow or fast flowing part of basket to be more of a past, I like they are experimenting with patterns that's the only way we ever find the most optimal one.

malling

#49: Post by malling »

Jaroslav wrote:So we're buying 200€ baskets now? :)
Well people already use a 100€ distribution tool that only move the top layer and then follow up with a 200€ precision spring loaded levelling tamper so why not a 200€ basket.

Jaroslav

#50: Post by Jaroslav replying to malling »

I'm intrigued by the idea of these types of baskets, I think that's a trend actually worth following. But I won't agree with the trend of pricing these items until they're 100% proven to be worth it. Some of us are cautious after the 100€ levellers wave, many didn't further jump on that tamper marketing. I can't wait to hear more about these baskets from reliable sources.
Jaroslav