VonShef 15 Bar Pro issue after screen clean

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kiergate

#1: Post by kiergate »

Hi

Unable to find any help online and only offered a refund with no replacement from manufacturer, asking for your expertise on the matter.

Using daily, cleaning with powder (forgotten brand name, sourced from restaurant I work at, used like Cafiza) dissolved into water reservoir weekly. Used for about a month and the diffuse screen appeared to be blocked (water streams thin and almost squirting). Took apart shower head and soaked parts in powder, scrubbed and replaced. Diffuse screen definitely clearer at this point.

The machine is now dispensing mostly steam with some water, meaning that I get to about a single shot before the portafilter has water overfill and escape round the sides. Occasionally steam escapes in between run throughs.

Worth noting that the machine was hotter than usual and for longer, until after being turned off until I switched off at the wall.

Thanks for any help.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

kiergate wrote:Hi
Using daily, cleaning with powder (forgotten brand name, sourced from restaurant I work at, used like Cafiza) dissolved into water reservoir weekly. Used for about a month and the diffuse screen appeared to be blocked (water streams thin and almost squirting).
Worth noting that the machine was hotter than usual and for longer, until after being turned off until I switched off at the wall.
I would suspect that the pump is possibly bad if you've been running a detergent like Cafiza through it. Those TSP detergents are pretty harsh and intended for cleaning the coffee oils/tar out of your group head and brew valve.
If the vendor is willing to refund your money, you're in luck.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Agreed, the cleaning power is put in the portafilter with a blind basket for backflushing, not put in the reservoir and run through the pump.

Why backflushing is important to the health of your espresso machine
-Chris

LMWDP # 272