Volumetrics, how accurate are they? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jpsm

#21: Post by jpsm »

ShelbiRyan wrote:Years ago when I started with my little Breville, I had used volumetrics. But of course being a beginner, I wasn't weighing out my shots. So I can't completely remember how accurate or consistent that machine was. I then moved to a double boiler E61, single dosed in and perfectly weighed my shots out, manually of course. So my accuracy was pretty damn good.

I've now moved to a pressure profiling machine with volumetrics. I've noticed after setting a certain amount of ml output, with all other parameters the same, my output weight can vary as much as 3 grams above or below my original setting. I have a hunch that the pressure profiling may be causing inconsistencies.

My question is, how accurate are other non profiling and profiling machines? The article linked below states that the accuracy of volumetrics using precise basket dosing is pretty bang on....but not using any kind of profiling.

So far my experience is far from those results. I'm trying to narrow down the culprit...

http://www.lamarzoccousa.com/blog/ben-k ... lumetrics/
I think its pretty good. For my GS3 I am getting -1ml to +3-4g. For me its pretty good! I can imagine using this in caterings(got this machine for that purpose in the future).