Victoria Arduino Eagle One Prima Announcement - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBoy E61

#11: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Nice machine but for me they built the wrong machine, this is already a crowded field. I would have been more excited by a 1-group Victoria Arduino VA358 White Eagle LEVA!

YMMV
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

devlin2427

#12: Post by devlin2427 »

Just another overpriced 1:2 machine.

A Decent espresso machine runs circles around this, versatility wise.

It's a bit funny how they act like other commercial grade machine don't have energy saving features.

michael

#13: Post by michael »

When is the new machine expected to be available in the us 8)

MPantani

#14: Post by MPantani »

Baffling. Two videos, then the VA website, then a couple of industry websites, and no information on even the basics. Some days I want to wring the necks of modern marketing/PR people.

"The NEO engine uses an instant heating system with a unique insulation mechanism" sounds like marketing speak for "it has a thermoblock but we don't want to admit it, and we don't want to talk about temperature stability during a shot. But look! It uses less electricity!"

drH (original poster)

#15: Post by drH (original poster) »

I've been chatting with someone in sales and they plan to start preorders in October so pricing is not yet confirmed. I suspect that more detail will show up in a few weeks.

Jeff
Team HB

#16: Post by Jeff »

MPantani wrote: sounds like marketing speak for "it has a thermoblock but we don't want to admit it ..."
The DE1 has proven that on-demand heating and active temperature control of the group head can achieve appropriate temperature control, even with the limitations of US residential 120-V supply.

I believe you'll see the classic "big boiler and big block of brass" designs fading from thought leadership over the next five to ten years, at least for brew. For steaming, the ability to store heat in a steam boiler has the advantage of being able to reduce the peak power draw, with the downside of increasing the average draw due to thermal loss, compared to an on-demand steamer.

Edit: Page 10 of the downloadable Eagle One brochure clearly describes the thermal system of the machine, including capacities, power, temperature/pressure range, material, as well as if temperature or pressure controlled. The Prima brochure on page 20 shows the same graphic, but does not include as detailed information. Whether you want to call a 140 ml boiler a "thermoblock" or not is up to your interpretation of what that means.

Edit: US and possibly other NA customers should not expect "steam and hot water from the app" if they need to get it UL certified. UL apparently requires a "button" to activate anything that might burn or scald.

sungvary

#17: Post by sungvary »

https://cascarauae.com/products/eagleone-prima

I was searching for the price of the Eagle One Prima and this site showed up. Looks like it will be ~5.5k USD. That retailer doesn't have it listed on their website but a google search turned it up. Assuming that they have the page ready for when they can actually sell it.

amrlskr

#18: Post by amrlskr »

It will be released in Europe at €4700 before taxes. Quite expensive for a machine without profiling capability... I thought the price was going to match the Linea Mini (€4400 with tax).

drH (original poster)

#19: Post by drH (original poster) replying to amrlskr »

I agree it's a little surprising but I'm holding out some hope that there are unrevealed features that could justify the difference in price. It already has a shot counter and they claim it is possible to share recipes via the app.... so if the machine also includes some volumetrics to execute recipes, that would be a big bonus. If it is also possible to better tweak preinfusion (eg 6 seconds at 4bar) that would be icing on the cake.

JackHK

#20: Post by JackHK »

Where is the Spec on the "The Eagle One" ??

Is this a HX machine or what?

Why are manufacturers so terrible to tell clear specifications?