Update for Quick Mill Carola

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
thedudeabides_1

#1: Post by thedudeabides_1 » Jan 16, 2020, 12:41 pm

For those of us who just drink espresso (no milk drinks) things are getting interesting this year. I chatted with someone at Chris Coffee, who said an update to the Carola is coming, supposedly with a front panel PID. The Carola, like the recently announced ECM Puristika, is just for pulling shots, no steam wand. The Puristika adds pressure profiling, which would be nice. I'm curious what the pricing difference between these machines will be.

jgood

#2: Post by jgood » Today, 3:41 am

The PID in the Carola is under a panel in the back of the machine -- it's set via a row of dip switches (you need the cheat sheet from the manual) -- if you're not adjusting the temp frequently, it's fine. If you like to play with the temp then it's a PITA. The machine is a bargain for an E61 from a good manufacturer.

jgood

#3: Post by jgood » Today, 3:43 am

The PID in the Carola is under a panel in the back of the machine -- it's set via a row of dip switches (you need the cheat sheet from the manual) -- if you're not adjusting the temp frequently, it's fine. If you like to play with the temp then it's a PITA. The machine is a bargain for an E61 from a good manufacturer. I've often wondered what it would take to add an external "standard" PID interface.