Upcoming induction espresso machine (Heylo) - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
malling

#11: Post by malling »

Yes its intriguing and a long wait none the less, but ain't the first out with quick heat up and low energy consumption there few machines beating them too it. There been some speculation on how Unica pro and Manument achieve it as it's incredibly fast heat up in the Unica Pro 1.5min and energy consumption mind blowing low.

But induction heating and no boiler is definitely the future we seen now quite the few implementation of such, this, Unica Pro, Manument Lever and Meticulous all are built around boilerless design and fast heat up and all with profiling capabilities but most are for the high market so far. Going to be intriguing the next few years see the technology drip down to lower level.

Yes there some issues regarding parts replacement by using custom parts, but boiler machines in an age where we focus more and more on emission footprint and energy consumption is not good solutions and it's good to see some addressing it especially as long heat up is ill suited for home and high energy consumption many cafes properly gladly would be without especially in europe.

PaulTheRoaster

#12: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

The milk-steaming module is also completely different from everything else out there.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#13: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

malling wrote: Unica Pro
Was a price announced for this and have any shipped into the wild?

malling

#14: Post by malling replying to NewCoffeeGuy1 »

7499 CHF/7450€

It can be ordered on some European reseller sites

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#15: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

bostonbuzz wrote:$5k euro for a flow, pressure, temperature profiling commercial machine!? Wow. It's going to find its way into people's homes. If it had a built in scale then that would be just about everything you could want. I agree the looks are almost there but not quite. I like how the screen is angled down so it's not in your face too much.
Add another 5k € for the milk module and we're into Slayer money.

There was a small home market for espresso-only machines like the La Marzocco Shot Brewer, so no doubt a few espresso-only configurations will be sold.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

ira
Team HB

#16: Post by ira »

If I was designing a induction based machine, I'd figure out the shortest length of and smallest diameter tubing that I can heat to boiling at the highest flow needed. That will give the fastest response time and least energy usage. There should be no reason for thermal mass in an induction heated system except maybe to even out the heat a bit and prevent spot boiling. I'm not saying that can be done, but if the modeling of the thermal path and power of the coils are done well enough, that should be an optimal solution.

malling

#17: Post by malling »

baldheadracing wrote:Add another 5k € for the milk module and we're into Slayer money.

There was a small home market for espresso-only machines like the La Marzocco Shot Brewer, so no doubt a few espresso-only configurations will be sold.
The milk module also would not work in a home, it's under counter in some refrigerator.

But he did say they would probably eventually make a home espresso version of it I imagine it won't be 10k but probably more like 5-7k

But yeah the espresso module will probably find its way into some homes. The question is with meticulous, Decent, Unica Pro how many will consider these instead, as these are after all more home friendly devices and for two of them at least cheaper.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#18: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

malling wrote:The milk module also would not work in a home, it's under counter in some refrigerator.
I wouldn't put it past some people on HB to accommodate this :) Heck I have several friends who do this for their kegerators!

BTW I found it interesting that it can accommodate multiple milks. Kind of like a fountain tap at a bar I suppose.

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#19: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

malling wrote:The milk module also would not work in a home, it's under counter in some refrigerator.
In the video they said any vessel would do - the feed line could just go in a bottle of milk like home super-automatics do. The refrigeration is for commercial use/convenience.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Graymatters

#20: Post by Graymatters »

espressoren wrote:My hunch is the induction can heat more mass faster than resistive contact heating can.
"Holy $#!%, how is that boiling already?!" is something that's said by every new, first-time owner of an induction range. :P
LMWDP #726