"Turpresso"? Turkish coffee with an espresso machine. - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jpender

#71: Post by jpender »

Jonk wrote:Did she see the coffee being brewed?
I don't know if she watched it being made. She doesn't drink coffee so when it was offered she took tea instead.

I've thought about decanting the Turkish coffee I make but it's less than two ounces so I've never bothered. I was originally thinking of buying a larger cezve but I read that the smaller ones work better. Now I kind of wish I had gone ahead and bought a large one anyway.

Lunavalentine

#72: Post by Lunavalentine »

Turkish Coffee is indeed a famous coffee style, which is prepared differently than most regular coffees. Turkish coffee is a method of preparation and is not a recipe. Basically, you need a fine grind, which is ideal for a drip machine. You need a long extraction time, with low pressure, low volume extraction. You also should use a finer grind for Turkish coffee than for espresso, maybe a grinder setting between fine and medium. You then need a good burr grinder, which will give you the finest grind. A scale is the most important tool for Turkish coffee because you need to measure the amount of ground coffee that goes into the filter. Oh, and one more thing, use a real kettle--not your espresso machine--for boiling water.