Trying to find this old espresso machine online

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
wmcelheney

#1: Post by wmcelheney »

So I don't know where else to turn. Reddit was no help, and scouring google / google images led to naught.

I got this old Cuisinart espresso machine that was sitting in my parents kitchen since who knows how long. probably 15-20 years at least.

I want to try to find more information on it, so ive been looking around. I have a picture of the model number and info on the bottom, but this hasn't been helpful for me to find info.

Thanks to a helpful user on reddit, i noticed that it looks identical to a Capresso 115 1050w machine. That one I am also unable to find any real information or reviews on, but it is currently being sold out on amazon and such.

Amazon and what not claims the Capresso 115 does "16 bar", which is fine and dandy, and also kind of something i dont believe. happy to be proven wrong but idk seems a little beefy for a $150 home machine.

From the bottom of my cuisinart, I see that it is also 1050 w, which matches what the capresso 115 says it is, so it leads me even more to think its some kind of clone, just perhaps many years newer.

What I want to know is, is this old cuisinart truly the same? does it also put out 16 bar? When was this manafactured? how old is it? is this a way better find than i was expecting? I haven't used it much, but now that I might have some "reason" to believe it ~might~ be able to output 16 bar I kind of want to try and tighten up the grind on my Comandante to see how well it can pull shots at a finer setting. So far its pulled shots way better than i thought it had ANY right to, but I could be underestimating it, and I haven't been treating it like a serious machine. I mean, look at it. would you?

At the end of the day, It is not the end of the world to just use this mystery machine and let it pull some shots and have a fun vintage machine that no one else has, especially since I just got a Cafelat Robot in the mail which will be far more fun to play with over the next few weeks.

I turn to the wisdom and guidance of HB, hopefully for some insight, answers, comments to this conundrum. Thanks for the help, in advance!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

There's some posts on the Capresso 115 over on CoffeeGeek that may prove helpful.

Typically machines that market that they have 15 or 16 bars are referring to the peak output power of the vibe pump. It should be hitting the coffee puck at 8 - 9 bars, you don't normally want to brew much higher than that anyway.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

wmcelheney (original poster)

#3: Post by wmcelheney (original poster) »

yakster wrote:There's some posts on the Capresso 115 over on CoffeeGeek that may prove helpful.
any chance you could attach a link?? I just looked all over coffee geek and could not find any. Thanks!
yakster wrote: Typically machines that market that they have 15 or 16 bars are referring to the peak output power of the vibe pump. It should be hitting the coffee puck at 8 - 9 bars, you don't normally want to brew much higher than that anyway.
Okay yes this makes a lot more sense. 16 bar would blow the puck up as far as it would seem to me. i don't care too much if it reaches 9 bar or anything, i've heard enough to be convinced that 9 bar is not necessary to pull great shots and is more folklore than it is certified fact that it's the "perfect pressure", but with that all being said, knowing it might be able to put out 9 bar is definitely helping me take it more seriously. just wish I could know for absolute certain

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

You'll need to provide the sweat equity on this one, I have no interest in your machine other than pointing you in the right direction. These sorts of low-end machines are often discussed over on CG, not so much here. Try refining your search.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

wmcelheney (original poster)

#5: Post by wmcelheney (original poster) »

yes i hear you, I'm just saying I already did that and found nothing. I had thought maybe you had seen one you could show me. if not, no worries!

Relevant

#6: Post by Relevant »

The Capresso 115 and The Cuisinart CDE-2WT are the same machine. Amazon sells The Capresso 115.01 for $149 https://www.amazon.com/Capresso-115-01- ... B002AVVQ5U. The 19-Page Manual is available for download or reading online here https://www.manualslib.com/manual/81594 ... e-115.html. The original model year for the Cuisinart version was 2009; current models of the Capresso are made by Jura-Capresso.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

wmcelheney wrote:yes i hear you, I'm just saying I already did that and found nothing. I had thought maybe you had seen one you could show me. if not, no worries!
I found several threads using the search settings that I captured.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272