Synesso for Home - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sidcam (original poster)

#31: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:The MVP in Austin? If so, it looks really nice. I hope that you can show off the back of the machine ...
Just landed in Austin to drive it home! It won't be shown off until the kitchen is remodeled. The old Faema wasn't all that pretty so my barista area is kind of hidden.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#32: Post by baldheadracing replying to sidcam »

Congratulations! Some of the best espressos that I've ever had were from a Synesso. An MVP Hydra is certainly an end-game machine - there are very few machines in the market that can match what it is capable of.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Advertisement
sidcam (original poster)

#33: Post by sidcam (original poster) replying to baldheadracing »

Same here... although I'm pretty sure there was a head barista who dialed everything in that deserved more credit than the machine. We'll soon see if being able to micromanage all the variables makes me a better barista.

Elliot

#34: Post by Elliot »

Andrewp wrote:Hi guys..

I've owned my Synesso Hydra for nearly a year now I guess. It's a great machine. I've had several Rockets and a LMLM before this brute of a thing. I was all in for a Speedster but my kitchen bench wasn't deep enough damn it. They are huge! What a statement though. Having said that my Synesso is wonderful. Weighs about as much as a concrete mixer but does fit nicely on my bench. Makes wonderful coffee... is it better than the rocket..? DEFINITELY. Is it better than the Mini..Hell yes!! No not really..infact there's no difference at all...zip,zilch NONE!! Anyone who says they make better coffee with the Synesso is just dreaming!!! It's a life style choice to own a Synesso.. They are stupid money!!($155000 nzd) Are they "worth" it..? NO..!! Do I love it..? Hell yes.
Anyway bla bla...

Great forum guys.

Anyone with an EG1 Onyx for sale please send me a p/m...
This is my question. I am on the precipice of buying a "top tier" machine and wonder if I should just get a GS3, a mini to keep it even simpler or wait for the Synesso.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#35: Post by baldheadracing replying to Elliot »

My opinion is that it doesn't matter - in the sense that at this stratospheric level of equipment, all machines can produce decent :wink: espresso.

Myself, I picked my "top tier" "end game" equipment based on factors other than in-the-cup performance. What is important to you?

Elliot

#36: Post by Elliot »

Well, it's two fold for me.
I have a Strietman, which certainly checks the flow control, pressure profiling, etc. I would like a second machine that's pump driven and a little more mindless during busy work days.

Limited space makes something like the LR a bit untenable, though that would probably fit well. I am not sure anymore if I have the desire to dive FULLY into nerd mode with something like the Decent. So, build quality, aesthetics and certainly good coffee.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#37: Post by baldheadracing »

Elliot wrote:... So, build quality, aesthetics and certainly good coffee.
Well, my solution to your three criteria was an Elektra Micro Casa Semiautomatica Art Deco. However, the Art Deco version isn't made anymore, and I feel that the regular versions are not as aesthetically pleasing. It's my no fuss just-give-me-good-espresso/milk drink pump machine.

LMLM is perhaps the obvious choice. People say that they're over-priced, but I think that you get what you pay for. Sure, it isn't "value-for-money," but that label can probably be applied to anything more expensive than a Breville Dual Boiler.

Regardless, I think that there are plenty of good choices.

Advertisement
Andrewp

#38: Post by Andrewp »

Hi guys..

Great conversation here..

My Synesso is going great... makes the best coffee ever!!....OK..maybe it does..maybe it doesn't. I had a LMLM previously and prior to that I had several Rockets.
The Synesso was a NEED! Quite frankly a stupid one at that.
It has to be plumbed in which caused me many issues.. it needs a 20amp fuse which I didn't have and had to get installed.. it's got a huge pump that has to be housed else where under the bench. It weighs about as much as an F18. It takes up all my bench...crikey,the list just goes on!!..lol
Having said all that I really love it and am glad to have been in a position to purchase it. They are silly money here in New Zealand. The workmanship on the machine is top of the tree and I like it because it's not a common thing seen just anywhere. I think that is called snobbery.
The one thing that really annoys me though is the two gauges on the front of the machine are not nicely seated against the front panel..very poor in my opinion.

Vincere

#39: Post by Vincere »

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this real quick, someone from synesso told me by email that the launch is coming real soon and whoever is looking for a commercial capable machine but for home, they will be really happy with this one!

nguye569

#40: Post by nguye569 »

Excited for this. I had upgraded over the summer to an LMLM because I didn't know how long I'd need to wait for the synesso. Perhaps another upgrade would be due in a few years...