Synesso for Home - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cmin

#21: Post by cmin »

JB90068 wrote:The Speedster looks amazing. If you don't want to remodel, it would look great in this: :D
That looks like my buddies setup, those lil campers are awesome. AC, stereo, mini kitchen with grill built in etc

sidcam (original poster)

#22: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

You're going to have a hard time selling that camper to my city wife. I had to buy a 38ft with two slides, two AC units and a washer/dryer to get her to go camping with me.

The Speedster is beautiful and I have PM'ed two people in the last week regarding used ones (one here on HB in the Buy/Sell Forum and the other on Facebook Marketplace in the Boston area). It's my understanding their group heads can be upgraded.

My issues with The Speedster is that I've noticed all the used Slayers that end up in the Buy/Sell Forum are there because someone moved and is unable to run waterlines to them at their new place. As I'm moving in the next couple years -- and more than likely downsizing in the process -- I'm really leaning toward something with a built-in reservoir so I'm future-proofed. And that's not The Speedster. That and something under 80lbs with a built-in reservoir is small enough and easy enough to set up that I could see dragging it to business client events once or twice a year.

Also, my current barista area doesn't have a place to hide The Speedster's external pump, which really isn't pretty, and I question who's going to work on it in the Midwest when it was hard to find someone willing to put a wrench on an old commercial Faema. The last part is why I keep coming back to machines made by La Marzocco, Simonelli and things made in Seattle.

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
JB90068
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by JB90068 »

sidcam wrote: The last part is why I keep coming back to machines made by La Marzocco, Simonelli and things made in Seattle.
I suppose that having a 5 gal water jug with a pump wouldn't suit your future needs. Not sure about a Slayer or LM, but I only need 25-30 psi coming in from the water line for my Sychronika. I got to the point where I hated filling up the reservoir all the time since it sits beneath a cabinet. I completely appreciate your wanting reliability. It is one reason why I didn't pick up a Slayer and opted for the Sync. I almost went with a G3s but if space allowed would have gotten the Leva X1 if I went with LM.
Head of lifestyle maintenance.

sidcam (original poster)

#24: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

JB90068 wrote:I suppose that having a 5 gal water jug with a pump wouldn't suit your future needs.
The challenge to a 5 gal water jug is the same as running a water line... I don't own the next home yet so I don't know what my future situation will look like.

If I can in anyway run a line and drain I will; It's just so much easier. However we're looking at rural Western Washington State outside of Seattle and the odds of having an unfinished basement that makes it easy to do plumbing like I have in the Midwest is fairly low.

However I absolutely know the odds of my wife letting me set a 5 gal water jug out in the open on a kitchen counter or on the floor next to a machine with exposed hoses running all over the place is fairly low to non-existent. :wink:

The water jug would be the non-lined-in solution for the latest (rotary pump) version of a Slayer as well. With that said, the thing about Slayer is I really do prefer dark roast espresso so spending extra for a machine whose claim to fame is light roast, weighs 110lbs and isn't as future proof as other machines I'm looking at is probably stupid.

And that brings me back to wondering WTH is Synesso coming out with!?! :D

BaristaBoy E61

#25: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

JB90068 wrote:The Speedster looks amazing. If you don't want to remodel, it would look great in this:
A Speedster inside a Speedster- I love it! :mrgreen:
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Roasty

#26: Post by Roasty »

I ended up emailing Synesso to ask and got a very quick response.

Details and timeline are still private, but was told that there has been three years of development in which they haven't let up "for one second". Demand for commercial machines, a move of production facilities and pandemic related issues have caused the delays.

They sound committed. No gauge of timeline though.

Andrewp

#27: Post by Andrewp »

Hi guys..

I've owned my Synesso Hydra for nearly a year now I guess. It's a great machine. I've had several Rockets and a LMLM before this brute of a thing. I was all in for a Speedster but my kitchen bench wasn't deep enough damn it. They are huge! What a statement though. Having said that my Synesso is wonderful. Weighs about as much as a concrete mixer but does fit nicely on my bench. Makes wonderful coffee... is it better than the rocket..? DEFINITELY. Is it better than the Mini..Hell yes!! No not really..infact there's no difference at all...zip,zilch NONE!! Anyone who says they make better coffee with the Synesso is just dreaming!!! It's a life style choice to own a Synesso.. They are stupid money!!($155000 nzd) Are they "worth" it..? NO..!! Do I love it..? Hell yes.
Anyway bla bla...

Great forum guys.

Anyone with an EG1 Onyx for sale please send me a p/m...

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
sidcam (original poster)

#28: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

Andrewp wrote:Is it better than the Mini..Hell yes!! No not really..infact there's no difference at all...zip,zilch NONE!!
Having just purchased a used Hydra on eBay, I absolutely don't want to hear a Mini is just as good! :D I keep measuring my barista area trying to figure out how I'm making this beast fit into my house.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by baldheadracing » replying to sidcam »

The MVP in Austin? If so, it looks really nice. I hope that you can show off the back of the machine ...

Andrewp

#30: Post by Andrewp »

I'm stoked with the Synesso...in truth the only differences are "tinkering" and I for one ha e not noticed any changes from what I had previously. It's a beast of a machine though!! I had the side panels powder coated black and added the zebra wood handles.