Squeak on wand knob

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bwcasolo

#1: Post by bwcasolo »

my dial for my hot water wand squeaks when turn it. pretty annoying. i have a silvia. should simple oil do the trick?

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant is food safe and temperature resistant. If used sparingly, one 6 gram tube will last a long time.
Dan Kehn

Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

Definitely Dow111 or equivalent. Beyond that, this is not a matter of removing the knob and squirting something in there behind it. The valve should be removed, disassembled, cleaned, and then lubed. Depending on its age, you would be well advised to overhaul it: new seal gasket (called "cock gasket" in the parts list), and replace the O-rings.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

bwcasolo (original poster)

#4: Post by bwcasolo (original poster) »

the machine is only 2 months old.

Randy G.

#5: Post by Randy G. »

I have cleaned and rebuilt a few valves, and did Silvia once. I remember every time I thought to myself that I should have done it right when it arrived. I think that the valves come from a supplier assembled, then they sit for who knows how long, then into the machine at the factory, then who knows how long and in what environment until you get it. Additionally, you depend on the amount and quality of grease they use.

You should first contact the seller and see about warranty coverage. From there it is your choice. You could probably just disassemble, clean it out, lube, and reassemble and it will improve things.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done