Speedster - water splashing after pulling shot

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JJAnon

#1: Post by JJAnon »

I'm likely missing some very basic vocabulary that would make explaining this easier :)

I've been enjoying my new Speedster. Every time I finish pulling a shot and return the lever to the '0' position, there's a whoosh and water splashes up the drain hole in the drip tray (1), and over the end of the drip tray (2) hard enough to spatter on the ground.

It's not a big deal, (I just hold a towel there), but it seems like a poor design decision.

Am I missing something? Would love input from any Speedster owners /experts.

Thank you!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

Could you post a photo of the metal drain pipe coming off the tray & the drain line attached to it? The water coming from the 3 way should be entering the pipe at an angle so it flows down the pipe into your drain line without backing up.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
JJAnon (original poster)

#3: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

Thanks John. Pictures below. There are two drain lines attached, and they both seem slightly angled towards the metal drain line.

Side view

Front view

JJAnon (original poster)

#4: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

It's really hard to take a good picture - sorry.

G.F.

#5: Post by G.F. »

Hi JJAnon,
Please check the angle of the discharge tube (Installation and user manual guide, page 12).

JJAnon (original poster)

#6: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

Thanks George - I've verified the discharge tube is installed correctly - consistently sloping downwards, and no kinks.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

What's the id of your drain line? The bend down shown in the second pic looks tight & may come up too soon. Here's what mine looks like.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
G.F.

#8: Post by G.F. »

Here's what mine looks like. I believe the problem is in the discharge tube. Try to remove tube and see how it works...

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by JohnB. »

Looks like the drain hose id is a little smaller then ideal & that bend down comes up too soon making it tighter then I'd want to see.
LMWDP 267

JJAnon (original poster)

#10: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:What's the id of your drain line?
Thanks for the picture John. Can you clarify what you mean by "id of [my] drain line"?