Speedster - water splashing after pulling shot - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
EricC
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by EricC »

Inner diameter.

JJAnon (original poster)

#12: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

Does this help? Looks similar to yours.

Advertisement
JJAnon (original poster)

#13: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

EricC wrote:Inner diameter.
Thanks Eric. Don't have a set of calipers to measure the tube, but it's what came with the Speedster. Looks a little under 1cm.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by JohnB. »

Since my line doesn't have that spring winding like yours it should be smoother inside. The drop on yours looks fine but something about that line is impeding flow. What does the drain line attach to? Any low spots/sags that would hold water?
LMWDP 267

JJAnon (original poster)

#15: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

The drain line does directly to the drain, with a constantly descending path. I also took a better picture of the underside where the drain line is attached.

JJAnon (original poster)

#16: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

G.F. wrote:Here's what mine looks like. I believe the problem is in the discharge tube. Try to remove tube and see how it works...
Thank you George. Where does your discharge tube connect to?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by JohnB. »

I see the line runs to a wall. How far before it reaches the actual sink drain & how is it attached there. Looking at your photos the water from your 3 way valve should shoot right down that drain hose if there are no clogs or kinks.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#18: Post by ira »

Out of curiosity, if you dump a quart of water in the drain pan, how fast does it drain? If it drains really slow, you might have found your problem. Also, where does the drain hose end up. If it's somehow under water, even though it might drain fine because it's so much lower, it will increase how long it takes the water to start flowing. Or I guess more correctly, if you spray water under pressure down that hose, it may build up air pressure in the hose that pushes some of it back out where as if it was open at the end there would be no pressure build up.

Long shot guesses on my part as I've no idea what the plumbing on a Speedster looks like.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by JohnB. »

Ira beat me to it. I was going to suggest timing how long it takes 1 cup of water to completely drain out of the tray. With my machine it's 14 seconds.
LMWDP 267

JJAnon (original poster)

#20: Post by JJAnon (original poster) »

Thanks both. The drain line into the wall runs to a sink that's 4 feet to the right. Again, it's gently sloping downwards all the way.

Just emptied a cup (American cup) of water and it took 24 seconds to drain. Definitely lower flow than yours, John.

I'll disconnect the drain line to the wall and see if it's clear. I just reused the previous line from my prior machine, but didn't clean it out then.

But after the after-lunch coffee :)