Sneak peek at the all new Speedster Mk II by Kees van der Westen - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Mark08859

#11: Post by Mark08859 »

An amazing look to the machine! I shudder to think about the price. :mrgreen:

malachi

#12: Post by malachi »

oh yes

she will be mine
What's in the cup is what matters.

Advertisement
sweaner

#13: Post by sweaner »

Mark08859 wrote:An amazing look to the machine! I shudder to think about the price. :mrgreen:
I hope it is really, really expensive. So expensive that I can't possibly consider it under any imaginable circumstances. :wink:
Scott
LMWDP #248

cannonfodder
Team HB

#14: Post by cannonfodder »

The PID is mounted to a plate that mounts to the steam boiler? I would think that would burn up the PID controller.

Guess it is time to list the wife on eBay and start saving.
Dave Stephens

Caffewerks

#15: Post by Caffewerks »

Damn........

My GS3 never even made it to the house and now this. Nice work from Kees.

jesawdy

#16: Post by jesawdy »

I think I see some airspace, a little insulation there and a reflector plate between the boiler and the PID controller. Plus stainless is a fairly poor conductor.... looks like the SSRs are mounted on an aluminum bar for a heat sink. I'm looking forward to your write up... thank you for the teaser photos!
Jeff Sawdy

Jester

#17: Post by Jester »

sweaner wrote:I hope it is really, really expensive. So expensive that I can't possibly consider it under any imaginable circumstances. :wink:
I am right there with you regarding the price! If it is even close to reasonable, I'm in serious trouble. :D

Advertisement
zin1953

#18: Post by zin1953 »

You and me both!
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

CafSuperCharged (original poster)

#19: Post by CafSuperCharged (original poster) »

jesawdy wrote:I think I see some airspace, a little insulation there and a reflector plate between the boiler and the PID controller. Plus stainless is a fairly poor conductor.... looks like the SSRs are mounted on an aluminum bar for a heat sink.
Jeff is correct in countering some of the wild speculations above. There are more well-thought-through details to this, even.
jesawdy wrote:thank you for the teaser photos!
MIND YOU, THE MACHINE IN THE PHOTOS IS ALMOST A TEASER MACHINE - it is a "pre-production functioning prototype". Kees is in those devilish details and as I am confirming details as I seem to remember them with him, some details are added that went unnoticed on my visit.
Take the rubber ball foot pedal to open the steam valve. In the workshop the hose was an ordinary black rubber one. The real thing might be a much more sophisticated black specially made silicone version.
jesawdy wrote:I'm looking forward to your write up...
Back to it.

Regards
Peter

Spironski

#20: Post by Spironski »

And here is some more, now in black: http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/at-the- ... ster2.html
That's a Machine! :P