Smallest E61 HX Machine?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RancilioRancilio

#1: Post by RancilioRancilio »

Hi ,

I am thinking about upgrading from a Rancilio Silvia to an E61 machine but size is the biggest problem. The E61 machines are all very deep and I don't really have the room. Is there a smaller E61 HX machine that I am not aware of? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DaveC

#2: Post by DaveC » replying to RancilioRancilio »

I think the NS Oscars have a fairly small footprint and are pour over HX machines

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Oscar is listed as 12" wide and 15-3/4" deep. It doesn't get much smaller than that. I bought La Valentina in part because my alloted space is only 22" wide including room for the grinder (here are La Valentina's dimensions). It's tight, but workable and doesn't look too badly shoehorned because the sloping sides narrow to 9" at the top.
Dan Kehn

another_jim
Team HB

#4: Post by another_jim »

The Elektra Semiautomatica is 12 inches in diameter, but 22 inches tall. It has the smallest footprint of any HX machine I know of.
Jim Schulman

cannonfodder
Team HB

#5: Post by cannonfodder »

The Quick Mill Alexia is a single boiler E61 that can be gotten with a PID and measures in at 9"w17"d and 15 ¼ high. While deeper than the La Valentina it is about as skinny as you can get for a 'standard box' E61. The Semi pulls darn good shots and looks like a million dollars.
Dave Stephens

Teme

#6: Post by Teme »

The ECM Cellini Premium, the Pasquini Livia and the Salvatore are also fairly compact heat-exchanger machines.

Br,
Teme

BradleyB

#7: Post by BradleyB »

DaveC wrote:I think the NS Oscars have a fairly small footprint and are pour over HX machines
The Oscar is, indeed, a HX machine, but I do not believe that it is an e61, nor, IIRC, does it use a thermosyphon. Isn't the HX accomplished by a mass in direct contact with the boiler? In that regard, the Bezzera BZ02 is also a non-imposing, non-E61 HX machine, with the additional feature of a hot water tap, which the Oscar lacks, and, perhaps, better prospects for the internal electronics holding up over time.

Brad

BigFrank

#8: Post by BigFrank »

I'm also looking for a small HX machine...

So far the Pulser looks like the smallest one - Its footprint is 16.5 inches deep, but only 9.5 wide.

Grant

#9: Post by Grant »

I don't know if you can find any around any more, but the Euro2000 Junior was pretty small at about 10" x 16"

Grant

JB130

#10: Post by JB130 »

If non-E61 is an option, I think the winner would have to be the Olympia Maximatic (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0097850833). Only 12 inches high with a footprint about the size of an 8.5-by-11 sheet of paper.